Wednesday, September 1, 2010

On The Black River The City Lights Shine

Here's what I've been up to the past few days;




Receiving packages with pretty dresses...




...and shoes




This is a tower that's on the way to the post office where I collect my packages. I still don't know what it is, I should really find out

*Edit- It is actually St Patrick's Tower built in 1757 and at 40 metres is the tallest surviving windmill, yes windmill, outside the Netherlands. So there you go!





A scary mask thing and pint of guinness that have been in the window of a derelict building on James' Street for God knows how long!




My mam brought me out for lunch today to the Queen of Tarts café in Temple Bar. Did you know I have the loveliest mammy in the world?




I had the Chicken and Stuffing sandwich on onion foccacia bread. It was delicious!




She had Pea and Mint Soup with homemade brown and soda bread





We shared a Lemon Meringue Tart for dessert


I went looking for a desk in Oxfam Home down the street from my apartment yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have what I was looking for so I just bought a cheap flatpack one from Argos. I'm going to customise it a bit to make it less boring. I just wanted a small space in the apartment to put my laptop and camera equipment and notebook etc. I was inspired by this post by Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere. I really want to make my own chalkboard! I wanted to assemble it tonight but I don't have a philips head screwdriver so I'm going to buy one tomorrow and assemble it. Yay!!! I'll take photos to show you when it's all done.

After my unfruitful trip to Oxfam we went to see if the new vintage shop around the corner was open, and it was so we popped in to check it out. It's very small, but there's some nice stuff. The owner is a lovely lady who was showing me all her prized possessions that I don't think she really wants to sell so it was quite sad, but to make matters worse a woman came in to see her when I was there and apologised for being distant the last time she was in and said that she was going to throw herself in the Liffey but didn't. I was so taken aback, the woman left quickly and said she was going for a walk. I hope that she is okay and finds a reason to go on living. I can't imagine how she was feeling and I hope that I never do but it made me grateful for the life I have. I really hope she gets the help that she needs to feel better, it's so heartbreaking to think that someone doesn't think their life is worth living. Everyone should feel worthy of life and have hope for the future. I hope she finds it.

On a more positive note I had a lovely afternoon with my mam today. She took my for lunch (she's so generous). We had a nice chat and then she went to meet a friend for coffee. I'm so lucky to have her. I hope she knows that!

I thought I would share with you some photographs of baby Emma. I'm going to try to scan and repair some old photos for my mam because she made me an album of my evolution as it were and now she doesn't have the photos in the album so I'm going to make her new and improved copies of them! Here's just a few. I was a very smiley baby. Still am. Well, not a baby. Well, maybe sometimes... hehehe!




If I'm not mistaken this was taken at a house we lived in in Balbriggan ( I think) I would have been just over a year here. Again I'm not sure, mam correct me if I'm wrong! Always sticking my tongue out!




Do you like my style here? Elton John sunglasses and a pink cardigan. I was such a good dresser! haha!




I matured into hats and floral dresses and I haven't really changed since! (I wish)




Chillin' out at the beach. You'd know it was Ireland, a child wearing pants, shoes and a coat with the hood up on a beach!




This is a jumper my mam knit for me. She knit us lots of things. She's very talented! And my Daisy Duck which I still have somewhere at home. I loved all my teddy bears. My sister and I would play with out Barbies and teddys for hours making up stories for them. I was always jealous that Kate imagined better stories than me!



So what do you think of little Emma? I was always smiling in photographs, my mam took so many photos of me when I was a baby (because I was the first and kind of a novelty) making me smile. Maybe that's why I love photography now.

It's almost Thursday. Another week flying by... hope yours is full of fun.

I'm going to try to get tickets to see these guys later this year. Loving the new album!




Hope you all have a lovely evening,

Emma xxx

2 comments:

  1. Cute baby photos and that tart looks divine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic baby pictures and that food looks so delicious. Yum!! :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...