Saturday, December 11, 2010

Love Like a Sunset

This day two weeks will be Christmas day! This month is going by so fast, I'm finding it hard to keep up with the time. This week in work we really noticed the shop getting busier. I think everyone went crazy from being snowed in and decided to make up for lost time Christmas shopping this week. We were also supposed to have a visit from head office on Thursday (that never happened in the end) and our managers were going crazy trying to make the place look perfect for inspection and all the little things that normally go unnoticed by management suddenly become a huge deal and they run around the shop like a hurricane destroying everyone in their path. One of my co-workers and I got blamed for things that were completely not our fault and instead of ratting out the person to blame we kept our mouths shut and just fixed the problem ourselves.

I got so mad at my manager for being so horrible to us especially because we had been working so hard for days trying to get an entire section of the shop changed over ourselves and it looked really well in the end . She didn't even say well done or thank you. She just picked on us for something neither of us did and wasn't even that big of a deal. It's so frustrating working hard on something and getting no thanks, she is so rude and such a nasty person for no apparent reason it's just so hard to even look at her anymore. I just have to be thankful that all my other co-workers are so nice and remind myself that she's just a bitter woman who likes to make everyone else feel inferior to her and she should be pitied more than anything. Sorry about that rant! I just had to vent. I'm sure you've all experienced working with someone similar at some stage. I have to keep reminding myself to take the high road and not lower myself to her level, it's the harder thing to do but if it means I don't become a bitter person like her then it's worth it!

We went to see the new Sofia Coppola film Somewhere in the cinema today. I'm a big fan of hers even though I wasn't mad about Marie Antionette (which I've been meaning to watch again because I haven't seen it since it was in the cinema) but I love The Virgin Suicides and Lost in Translation is one of my all time favourite films, I've seen it so many times, I love it! I wasn't disappointed with Somewhere and even though it's slow moving, something that can either make or break a film for me because I have such a short attention span, I found that I was never bored and couldn't look away from the screen. What I love about Sofia is that she's not afraid to try something different (and her soundtracks are always awesome!)

Here is what I wore to the cinema today. It feels like ages since I've posted outfit photos!






































Do you like the big pile of ice that I'm standing in front of in the first photo? And the white reindeer made of wires and lights?

I got the red trenchcoat last year in work, the purple beret is from accessorize, I bought the scarf from a market in Florence when I was there with my family in January of 2006, almost 5 years ago! That's how long it's been since I've left the country! The mink gloves are from Dunnes, my boots are Clarks and my bag is an early Christmas present from my mam from Marks and Spencers Limited Collection, it was the last one left and I kept looking at it every time we went in to M&S so she got it for me as part of my Christmas present. Thank you mammy!

I was thinking a lot this week about what to do with my hair. I hated my roots but couldn't afford to go back to the hairdressers again so soon. I also wasn't ready to go back to my natural colour yet so I decided to go for a home dye job to tide me over until I decide to commit to red or go back to brown. To be honest I'll probably have to go back to brown because I can't really afford to get my hair done as often as it needs to be done in the salon and I can't justify spending that much money dying my hair when I do like my natural colour. I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do, but I'm happy with the way it is for now with no roots!

So my giveaway closed last night and with only 7 entires (one of which was my sister who decided it wasn't fair to be included and opted out) so there was only really 6 entries. I wrote all the names down and they went into my birthday hat and I asked Donnacha to pick out the winner for me.




And the winner is...




Congratulations Róisín! Your package will be sent to you this week!

I'll be going to a fundraiser on Tuesday night for Donnacha's two feature films. He's asked me to do the costumes for them, so wish me luck with that!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Here's one of the songs from the soundtrack to Somewhere by one of my favourite bands;



Love Em xx



4 comments:

  1. Oh your boss sounds so awful!! Love the pictures .. and wow that pile of snow looks huge!

    Congrats to Róisín! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma - I've emailed you with my address.

    I really sympathise with your situation with your boss being horrible - recently I had some problems with a colleague and it made going into work so stressful and horrible. It's good that you have the support of the other girls you work with, and maybe between you all you might be able to find a way to approach your manager about her attitude?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always a bitch hiding somewhere at one's workplace... I've got my own special one too!!
    I sympathize... but clearly, you're cleverer than her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color contrast in this outfit! I especially love your purple scarf. Because it's purple and it's a scarf. 2 of my favorite things! :P

    :o)Sarah
    www.restlessromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...