Thursday, June 16, 2011

Forbidden Fruit- Saturday 4/6/11

I finally get to show you the photos I took at Forbidden Fruit last weekend. On Saturday we kicked off the day with an interview with Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne which was amazing as I'm a big fan of them and he was such a good interviewee. I really think he would have talked for hours if we had the time. We also interviewed Irish band Ham Sandwich, Belgian band The Subs, British beatboxer Beardyman and another Irish band called Spies.

We rounded off the day in the photographers pit filming the opening of the Flaming Lips performance which was incredible! Wayne Coyne began the show inflating himself into a giant plastic ball and crowdsurfing in it, there were confetti guns, a megaphone with sparklers and coloured smoke coming from it and giant multi-coloured balloons (I got Donnacha to take a photo of me in front of them backstage).


FFDO10

FFDO2

FFDO3

FFDO11

FFDO4

FFDO5

FFDO6

Dave and Katie, the Cock and Bull Tv presenters

FFDO7

Brian, one of the camera operators (who I went to college with)

FFDO9

FFDO8

FFDO20

The guys with Wayne Coyne

FFDO12

FFDO13

FFDO26

Jape

FFDO14

FFDO15

FFDO16

FFDO25

Ham Sandwich

FFDO27

Spies

FFDO1

Beardyman

FFDO29

The Subs

FFDO30

FFDO33

FFDO34

FFDO23

Flaming Lips

FFDO24

FFDO35

The lovely crew minus our lovely editor Maeve and our lovely photographer Peter who was taking this photo (Back Row L-R; Brian, Anthony, Richie, Andrew, Dave. Middle Row; Ruth, Kate, Siobhán, Róisín, Me, Conor, Donnacha. Front Row; Kirby, Aisling, Eimear, Jessica, Katie.


Here's a preview of Day Two of the festival and tomorrow's post;


Hope you're having a great week, I can't believe it's Thursday already!

Emma x



2 comments:

  1. It does my heart good to see all those fine young people gathered together to celebrate authentic homegrown music. I can't wait to see the highlights from Day Two. Thank you, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful imagery Emma! I particularly like the photo of Beardyman laughing.

    This looks like an awesome festival, I have stored its name away for future reference :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...