Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tidal Nails

I was inspired by this post by Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere to paint my nails a bit differently than I normally would. I got these two nail polishes from Max Factor recently and the small size is great because you get to use it all before it goes all sticky. I painted two coats of the Dazzling Blue and then two coats of the Bronze on the top half of my nails. I didn't intend it but they now look like a beach! I definitely want to try this with more colour combinations. I like to experiment with nail colour during the Summer and this is something a bit different than the yellow trend that's popular at the moment. What's been your favourite nail colour this Summer? 

BN1

BN2

BN3

I wasn't going to do a post at all today because I'm feeling very down. I was out with Donnacha at the hospital today and had to leave after an hour because the doctor wanted to do a spinal tap after the results of the MRI which showed a legion on his brain stem. They are almost certain it was caused by an infection and that is why his eye is acting up. They said they can't fully rule out cancer I suppose just to cover themselves but because of the rapid development it is very unlikely. So depending on the results of the blood and spinal fluid tests they are hoping to start him on a steroid drip to fight the infection. 

As you can imagine I freaked out when I heard brain stem and cancer and I'm very worried and upset even though I know it's good that they finally seem to have an answer and are hopefully going to be starting treatment. All I can say is that my family and friends and you guys have all been amazing! I don't know what I would do without the concern, support and love of everyone. It means the world to me!

I hope you're all having a great week so far,

Emma x

7 comments:

  1. Love those two colours together... gorgeous! Emma you poor thing you must be so worried. I went through a simular situation with my Dad over Christmas, so I know how stressful it is not knowing and playing the waiting game and how scary all the tests seem. At least they are getting results quickly, fingers crossed for all the other results come back soon so he can start his treatment . Sending you love and lots of positive thoughts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here for you Emma. Please remember that Donnacha has youth on his side which makes it easier to win battles like these. My prayers are with both of you and I hope you soon have news that will put that lovely smile back on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your nails.

    Hopefully they will be able to do something for Donnacha. My dog has her fair share of neurological problems, but she's on medicine and as good as new~! Try to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi guys!

    Thanks for all the good vibes, hopefully ill be out soon and able to take some more photos of emma for this blog.

    MEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this! :( I hope you will hear better news soon, and things will get better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything works out well soon.

    Oh, and I like the nails, Emma.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...