Sunday, December 11, 2011

This Is The Day Your Life Will Surely Change

This is the second of the Wedding posts. These photos are from the actual Wedding day and they're only the ones taken by Donnacha and I. Donnacha was filming the ceremony and the speeches at the reception so I have to get photos from other people of the actual ceremony itself and the reception and afters. But this should give you quite a good taste of the day itself. 



WD1

WD4

WD22

WD15

WD28

WD32

WD36

WD44

WD47

WD49

WD56

WD59

WD61

WD65

The Groomsmen Peter, Andrew, Ruben, Stephen and Andrew with Eric

WD68

The Bridesmaids Abby, Laura and Aoife (and Maid of Honour-Me and Flower Girl- Emily-Faye)

WD74

Lisa and I

WD77

Simon the DJ (who you've probably seen here before) 

WD82

My brothers Jordan and Jack and I

WD88

Me and my mom!

WD85

My parents with Justin and Julie (Justin performed the ceremony)

WD90

WD94

WD100

I absolutely loved my petticoat from the moment I tried it on in the shop. Everyone was touching it all night and saying how much they loved it with the black dress. I would wear it every day if I could!

WD104

WD109

The shoes! I was looking for shoes for a while, something pink or red and as soon as I saw these on the Irregular choice website I fell in love. 

WD110

WD122

WD125

WD129

WD134

WD136

WD142

Weren't the bouquets gorgeous colours?

WD143

The tables for the reception were named after fictional towns. Can you guess what films/TV shows they're all from?

WD144

WD145

WD146

WD147

WD148

WD149

WD152

WD153

WD154

WD155

WD158

WD160

WD161

WD162

The dessert buffet consisted of white and dark choclate mousse, pavlova, ricotta and chocolate cheesecake, creme bruleƩ, homemade vanilla ice-cream and chocolate covered fruits. It was incredible and definitely most peoples favourite course.

It's taken me ages to actually finish editing the photos because there was probably over a thousand altogether. I'll show you the ones of the ceremony and reception soon. And then there's the touristy Rome photos. Don't worry I'll be done with all of them soon enough!

In case anyone was wondering my dress was custom made by Dig for Victory on Etsy. I cannot recommend Eleanor and Holly highly enough. They were so helpful and quick to respond to all my questions about the dress and when I asked could they add sleeves they were only too happy to accommodate me. I will definitely be buying another dress from them for any other occasions I have to go to. I felt so comfortable in the dress, it fit like a dream and it was exactly what I wanted from the moment I knew I would be Kate's Maid of Honour. The petticoat is from Retro here in Dublin and the shoes are called Burlesque Beauty from Irregular Choice

My make up was pretty simple. I used a lot of the same products on myself and Kate. I will be doing a tutorial video on the wedding make up very soon so I'll go into more detail about what products I used and why in the video. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing these photos, let me know what you think!

I also hope you're having a great December so far and enjoying the build up to the holidays (and that it's not snowing/stormy where you live). Keep safe and warm!


Emma x


11 comments:

  1. Emma wrote:

    << I felt so comfortable in the dress, it fit like a dream and it was exactly what I wanted from the moment I knew I would be Kate's Maid of Honour. >>

    Is is proper for me to shed tears of joy over people I never met? In a blogosphere filled with angry ranting it warms my heart to read about good things happening to good people. Your dress was perfect and these wonderful pictures show you looking relaxed and happy wearing it. The petticoat is stunning and completes the look perfectly. That photo of you on the bench eyeing the bouquet with the petticoat exposed is one of the best of the bunch but there are many more. The one directly above the closeup of the bouquet in which the happy couple is leaning on the balcony framed by rustic architecture and pergola is another super image. It's great to see your brothers and mom. I'm curious as to why you spelled it "mom" in this post and "mam" in every other. Whatever the reason you have a lovely family and I very much enjoyed your pictures of this happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, what a beautiful day, these pics totally captures the feelings.
    And you look stunning, that petticoat truly is great with that black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful, family orientated day. I absoloutely love your bridesmaids dress, underskirt and shoes. The accessories go so well with your hair! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the happy couple - the joy comes right off those photos, it's beautiful.

    I love the photos of you and Donnacha as well, just gorgeous! I'm looking forward to seeing more x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful wedding Emma! Everyone looks so happy and relaxed. The bride is beautiful and your outfit - the petticoat! the shoes! - is stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Emma, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your pictures this morning! Everything was so beautiful and you have such a special family. I enjoyed "meeting" them all on here! Kate's makeup was perfect and natural looking. Can't wait to see your tutorial on how you did it and what you used. Most everythihg in my closet is black. Your black dress was so perfect and I want to look up the designer on etsy. I have run out of adjectives here :-) but that stunning petticoat was made for this dress! I used to love to wear petticoats when I was a young girl. You sure have a flair for design and a appreciation for all things beautiful! I could go on and on, thank you so much for sharing the photos from this special day. I can also appreciate all the time and work involved in editing the photos. Take care and enjoy your weekend ♥

    Cindy

    Thank you Emma for your recent visits to my blog and your thougtful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw these pictures are so adorable! LOVE your shoes... too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, everyone looks so gorgeous! I love weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful bride! you did a great job capturing such sweet moments :) you look stunning in your dress (and pink petticoat!!) and those shoes...swoon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, everyone looks incredible! <3 What a truly beautiful looking wedding!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant believe I missed these photos! You look gorgeous as does the bride and I am in total swoon mode over your petticoat. You really captured some great moments with your pics Emma. A+ job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...