Monday, March 12, 2012

Vital Brights

I'm not usually one to get into make up trends (or any trends for that matter). However as we're now entering Spring/Summer, I do like to change my make up around and try to experiment with colour a bit more. The limited edition No. 7 Vital Brights Spring collection consists of two cream blushes, two lipsticks, a highlighter and an eye palette and with the €7.50 off voucher that is currently running all of the items work out very reasonably.  This collection was designed by British make up artist Lisa Eldridge who has worked with No. 7 to make some really amazing products. What's better than make up products designed by someone who uses them every day for their job!

I bought the No. 7 Vital Brights Cream Blush  in Blossoming Pink last week after eyeing it up for a while and I wasn't disappointed. The vibrant coral colour may look quite intimidating at first but when blended it gives a gorgeous rosy glow to the cheeks and is the perfect blush for Summer in my opinion. You only really need to tap your finger gently on the blush to get enough colour and you can build it up from there. The blushes and lipsticks retail at about €13.50 and the palette and highlighter at about €16.50. 

VBC1

VBC2

VBC3

VBC5

Here's a video of Lisa Eldridge herself using the other blush colour as the basis for a beautiful fresh summery make up look. I can't recommend her videos highly enough, she has such a huge knowledge base and I just find her so easy and relaxing to watch



Emma x

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a beautiful shade you seemed to have sanflled up. I've not heard of that makeup artist before but she really is insightfull! And for this completely oblivious makeup girl that is imporatant ha ^_^

    Eeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really pretty shade. Thanks for sharing the video. I've only really watched pixiwoo make up vids but I am gonna for sure check out more of her tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely check out lisa eldridge, she is such a pro!

      Delete
  3. I have turned into a blusher FIEND and this is one I need to have in my collection!

    Emma xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! it;s really good value with the no 7 vouchers and so creamy and lovely!

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma, the cream blush looks natural and beautiful on your skin. The packaging was a great design. I have always liked cream blushes, I need to go back to using some ... especially in summer. I am still using my Estee Lauder blush in the compact with the brush. I chose the color "plum". I see what you mean about Lisa being relaxing to watch in her video, so are you. I would like to see you do a post sometime on fragrances, with you listing some of your favorites through the years and some of your current favorites.

    Thank you Emma, hope you are having a wonderful week in Dublin ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Cindy, I will definitely do a fragrance post soon, I've been meaning to for a while because I have a lot of new favourites I'd love to share with you.

      Also have you heard about the new Esteé Lauder Mad Men collection? It's a lipstick and cream blush in original Estee Lauder packaging and the colours look beautiful!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I just discovered your blog and I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...