Friday, May 11, 2012

Where The Heart Is

As soon as I found out Ashley and Katie were coming to visit us I knew I wanted to take them on a day trip to my home town. We ate seafood chowder, had ice creams, took a long walk along the rocks and beach up to the windmills and home again. 

GT38

GT39

The best seafood chowder in the world, at Stoop Your Head 

GT40

GT41

GT42

GT43

Seal Spotting

ST7

ST8

ST9

ST10

ST11

ST12

ST13

ST14

ST15

ST18

"Where the mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea"

ST19

ST20

ST21

St. Patrick's footprint from when he jumped from the island to the main land. This definitely happened.

ST22

ST23

ST24

ST25

ST26

ST27

ST28

ST29

ST30

I was thinking about this post before I started to write it and how it's not really my home town anymore. I'm not sure if it ever was. We moved there when I was 12 and I moved in with Donnacha when I was 21 so I only really lived there for 9 years. I love the town and I'll always have connections there as my grandparents have lived there most of their lives and it's where I spent almost every weekend as a child. 


But now my home is with the people I love, with Donnacha, my family, my friends who are here and those who are unfortunately far away. 


There's few things as rare as good friends. Those who stick by you and who you feel at ease with and make you laugh and are there for you and will do anything for you. I miss some of mine dreadfully. But I am so thankful for them. 


TGIF,


Emma xxx



8 comments:

  1. TGIF to you, dear friend Emma! I see everybody's still bundled up in layers over there. That's hard for me to fathom because we've had month after month of heat and relentless sunshine. I can feel the refreshing chill in the air as I scroll down the page and look at your pictures. If I had been with you that day I surely would have consumed a gallon of that seafood chowder! I love the beautiful, wind swept countryside, the swan and the "album cover" pose on the bridge. Nicely done! Have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I'd love some relentless sunshine Tom! I suppose that's one of the downsides to living here, rain rain rain!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had a money tree so I could come to Ireland and you could take me to all these places :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would love that so much! I'd be a great tour guide!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a lovely day. I love the way Donnacha's name couldn't fit inside the sand heart!:) What is that ice cream parlour called? It looks so cute. I love ice cream, I can eat gallons of it. I'm looking for that exact shade of pink paint for my tiny back yard too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure what the ice cream place is called, it's sooo tiny and right by the pier in skerries. It does amazing ice cream and toppings!

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma, I enjoyed these photos so very much! I loved seeing you all have such fun and you all have such clever poses. You know how I love your food shots, I would have chosen that seafood chowder over the ice cream. That is something you just don't find around here. I loved seeing the ocean. I like what you wrote about your old hometown. After we are away from home for a while, our preception of it does change. I would love to visit Ireland someday and have daydreamed about it for years. Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Emma! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it if you were able to come visit Ireland some day, I know you would love it! Have a great weekend too Cindy!x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...