Sunday, July 22, 2012

In The Mail

Hello Friends!

I received a wonderful package in the post this week. I had ordered something from a US seller on eBay (you will see what it is soon) and they didn't ship internationally so I asked my friend Ashley if I could have it shipped to her and if she would forward it to me. She very obliging and courteously sent my package on to me and included some goodies for Donnacha and I. 

CU1

Necklace from Anthropologie and cute card!

CU2

CU3

Mini boxes of cereal!

CU4

Another cute card!


I also received a very special Thank You card from Cayce who was thanking me for the package I sent her for my personalised giveaway I did a while ago. I am always so impressed when I get a thank you card, I just think it's such a nice thing to do when I know not many people including myself would even think to do it. So thank you Cayce!

CU5

CU6

And here's the stuff I sent her, I meant to show you guys sooner but I actually lost the photos and just found them the other day and when I got Cayce's card I thought I might as well show you now! The package included an Orla Kiely notebook, Butter London Nail Polish in Yummy Mummy, a L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, an Accessorize necklace and two treats from Irish companies Butler's chocolate and Tayto crisps. I really wanted to get Cayce things that I felt were suited to her personality and style so I hope I succeeded! 


I saw The Dark Knight Rises yesterday and I really liked it. I don't think it was ever going to be better than The Dark Knight for me. We actually saw Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back on Tuesday and having not seen either since they were first released it was great to get a refresher. I was blown away after first seeing TDK and I just didn't feel the same this time even though I did really like it. Does anyone else dislike Anne Hathaway? I've been having that debate with friends all week and was trying to figure out what it is about her that I just find annoying. Maybe it's the films that she tends to go for, I wasn't impressed with her Catwoman, she wasn't bad, but she wasn't memorable either. Have you seen it yet? What did you think? 

Also after what happened in Colorado on Friday morning, I was very concious about all of the shooting in the film. I am so thankful that I live in a country where guns are illegal and therefore gun crime is very low. I honestly hope something drastic is done about the gun laws in the US, it's just not worth it. It's heartbreaking.

I hope you are all safe and well and having a good weekend!

Emma x

4 comments:

  1. Isn't blog lovin' just the greatest thing ever, Emma? I believe blog friendships are every bit as real as any other. I feel it and I know that you do, too. You have given and received some lovely care packages. I love the name Yummy Mummy for a nail polish color!

    I can't imagine what it's like to grow up in a country where the gun crime rate is low. It's a terrible mental burden for those of us in the USA to live with the ever present danger of becoming the next victim of a senseless shooting such as the massacre at the Colorado screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Here in Central Florida the local news is filled with handgun homicides including an alarming number of law enforcement officers slain in recent years. Be thankful for all that you have in beautiful Ireland, dear friend, including peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine living in a place where anyone can own a gun, it doesn't make any sense to me. I just think guns are so unnecessary and should be made illegal! But on a lighter note, I agree that blog friendships are as real to me as my other friendships, I only wish I lived closer to my blog friends so that I could get to know them better!

      Delete
  2. yay! so glad the card made it to you! i seriously adore everything you sent. the nail polish, the necklace, and the journal have all been on heavy rotation! i didn't know that guns are illegal where you live...my tiny town in tennessee has one of the highest crime rates in the state. the colorado incident is just sickening. to think that we have to be cautious about something as simple as going to a movie is really sad. i was reluctant, but did go see batman today...despite the paranoia, i was really impressed with the film! i especially loved the ending! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so happy you're getting to use everything! Yes I completely agree, going to the movies is one of my favourite things to do and it's somewhere that people go to escape from the "real" world and enjoy themselves, to think that someone has violated that is just so sad. I really hope something is done about the availability of guns in the US, only bad things came come of them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...