Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Black Cherry

If you've been reading my blog for a while you will know that I am a huge fan of Revlon lipsticks. I have quite the collection at 13 different shades! Having tried so many different brands and shades, Revlon remain my favourite lipstick brand for texture, colour, price and availability. Every time I see a lipstick (or any product) I like I will do an image search for that product to see what it looks like on the lips, as part of a make up look or on someone with a similar hair and skin tone to mine so that I can see if it would suit me before I even look at it at the make up counter.  

I have found it difficult to find good photos of what products look like online therefore I thought it would be a good idea to share some of my lipstick collection with you including photos of the entire make up I wear them with to give a better idea of what they look like in relation to the whole face. 

I adore the Super Lustrous lipsticks, the texture is so easy to apply and there is a great colour range. One of my favourite Super Lustrous lipsticks is Black Cherry which is a perfect shade for Autumn/Winter.

RBC6

RBC7

RBC8

RBC9

RBC1

RBC3

RBC5

I'm wearing the same make up as this post but with Urban Decay Pistol and Snakebite eye-shadows and Maybelline Gel Liner on my top lash line. 

Black Cherry is really similar to Estée Lauder's Black Cassis (basically the same name too) from their recent Violet Underground collection except Black Cassis has a matte finish. 

Revlon lipsticks retail for about €10 depending on where you buy them. Now to get my hands on Cherry Blossom and Red Lacquer from the new Shanghai Collection!

What's your favourite lip product for this time of year?

Emma x

PS. Ol' Green Eyes now has a Facebook Page! I'm gettin' with the times! (Not Twitter though)

16 comments:

  1. i wear this lipstick color every day! no joke!
    i mix it with lip balm to make it look like more of a lip stain.
    i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you wear the lipstick Ashlee, it just goes to show how versatile this colour can be, I love wearing it as a light stain over balm too, it's just such a gorgeous shade!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Emma! In my opinion Black Cherry goes great with your alabaster skin. (Notice I didn't say pale :) Happy Thursday to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I like the word Alabaster, sounds a lot more flattering than "pale"! Happy Weekend Tom, I hope you have a nice relaxing one!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a colour! Looks beautiful and mysterious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysterious...I like that! I think this would be beautiful on you too Sara!

      Delete
  4. SWIT SWOO! I absolutely love this on you Emma - it's so dramatic and stunning against your skintone. Come round and do my makeup, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, thanks Emma, that's so nice of you to say. It's a firm favourite of mine, I love a bit of drama! (only with my make up though!)

      Delete
  5. wow, you look stunning, what a foxy lady!
    I agree revlon lipsticks are great,
    I use revlon red and cherries in the snow,
    i will try to see if they sell black cherry here where I live,
    hopefully it will make me as lovely as you are:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! Cherries in the Snow is one of my all time favourite lipsticks, isn't it the best? I still haven't tried Revlon Red, I'm waiting for my matte 'Really Red' to run out first!

      Delete
  6. Wow, that lipstick really looks amazing on you! It is perfect with your coloring, but of course, you already know that which is why you love it, right! :) I'm with you in that I just got a FB account for my blog, but still no Twitter. What are we missing, I wonder?! Also still no Instagram for me either. Wishing you a great weekend.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, I think when you find something that suits you you should stick with it! :) I thought I was the only blogger not on instagram! :)

      Delete
  7. Right I am going right out to buy this! It's such an amazing colour, perfect for a 20's look. I can I just say that as always dear Emma you look absolutely stunning! Hope you are having yourself a lovely weekend.
    Love Kelly-Marie. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought you might like it, you sometimes wear colours similar to this. Let me know if you try it! And yes I am having a lovely weekend, what about you?

      Delete
  8. oh god.... you are so stunning! I definitely could NOT pull of that color of lipstick! Wow! :)

    love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oohhhhh my goodness, you look INCREDIBLE in this color! <3 <3 Do you have any advice for wearing strong colors - lipliner?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...