Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cherry-Flavored Neck and Collar

I wore this to go get lunch last Sunday, it was quite mild last weekend and I didn't even need a scarf. However the temperature has dropped significantly over the past few days. Wouldn't Winter be so much more pleasant if the sun was out and there were blue skies every day?

CE6 CE1 CE4 CE9 CE5 CE10 
   
Photos by Donnacha
Jacket- Monsoon
Skirt- Marks and Spencers
Blouse- New Look
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Clarks
Sunglasses, Bangle and Earrings- Accessorize
Collar Necklace- H&M
Lipstick- Rimmel Kate Moss 107
Nails- Essie Bahama Mama

The post title is from one of my favourite songs, E-Bow the Letter by REM. The song features Patti Smith on vocals and was what first introduced me to her music. I was lucky enough to get to see her in a packed tent at Electric Picnic this year. Apparently the song was written about a letter Michael Stipe wrote for River Phoenix but never got to send. It's the most beautiful song. If you don't already know it please listen,


Emma x

22 comments:

  1. You look stunningly vampish in this ensemble. I love the nail varnish. Also, this has always been one of my favourite rem songs. Thank you for posting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you re the weather - I've seen enough rain already!! Bleurgh!!
    I do, however love your jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, yeah I could live without the rain!

      Delete
  3. Donnacha did it again! He is a superb photographer and captured your beauty so nicely in this series. I was very touched listening to "The Letter." Happy Sunday to you, dear friend Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've passed on your comment to Donnacha Tom so he knows his skills are appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Lovely look as always, dear Emma! I reallllly like your blouse, looks like a dress with that pretty skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sara, it does look like a dress! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I think you should know how much I adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not normally an REM fan but gosh, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so Emma, it's such a beautiful song!

      Delete
  7. Hi! Lovely blog, just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Just pop onto my blog http://poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk/ to find out more :) xxx Jane

    http://poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic! Gorgeous choice of lippie and those sunglasses<3

    I've tagged you to do The Blogger Tag, find out more about it here:
    http://thriftoclock.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emma,

    We love this outfit and have featured it on our blog! http://bootstreatstreet.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/outfit-picks-of-week.html

    Really hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, great feature, you have a new reader!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful as ever Emma. I love the touches of leopard print with that lovely Raspberry colour. Your necklace is so cool, very Cleopatra. :-)I hope you are staying cozy and warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly-Marie, I loved the necklace as soon as I saw it, it's not something I usually go for but I just thought it was very pretty in the rose gold colour!

      Delete
  11. Cool glasses! You look great! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elma, I do love my leopard print sunnies!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...