Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gift Guide- Silver and Gold

I picked out some of my favourite items from British Designer Jewellery site Wharton Goldsmith and put together a Christmas gift guide of sorts.

WG Collage copy


The watch is from Juicy Couture and although it's not a brand I'm usually attracted to, I adore the simplicity of this gold plated watch. Watches are always a great gift to get because it's something you don't tend to buy for yourself, my sister and I got one for my Dad for his birthday this year because his last one was broken and he never bought a new one. This one is great because it's a classic design that's never going to be out of style.

The Ring and Earrings are from Linda MacDonald, a brand I admit I had never heard of before, but I really liked how simple but cute these pieces are. I love Daisys, they are probably one of my favourite flowers and I think these would make a great present for someone who loves flowers, especially daisies. I could totally see myself wearing both of these pieces to death.

The Infinity Ring and Silver Charm Bracelet from Links of London are a bit more expensive, but if you have the budget, they would make a great gift for someone who likes classic pieces of jewellery that will last for years and that they can wear with almost everything. I think the ring would make a really great alternative (and budget friendly) engagement/wedding ring. Links of London also so charms for the silver bracelet so you could customise it depending on the person's style.

The Trollbeads bracelet comes in both gold and silver and you can add your own charms and beads depending on who you are buying it for. I'm not a huge fan of the charm bracelet trend but I think it's really nice with maybe one of two simple charms so you don't feel like you've got the kitchen sink on your wrist.

What do you think? Is jewellery a gift you would like to receive or give to someone?

Emma x

***This post was written on behalf of Wharton Goldsmith.

6 comments:

  1. I love receiving jewellery but I've skinny arms/fingers so getting said things are awkward!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing about buying rings online, you don't know if they'll fit! I do love getting jewellery as a present too, it always makes it more special when it's from someone you love!

      Delete
  2. I could sure use those beautiful watch in my life :) PS thanks for the well wishes. The storm wasnt all that bad for us and we didnt even lose power (woo hoo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I should really invest in a nice watch but it's just one of those things I can never justify buying for myself! I'm so happy you're okay, I thought you might go insane if you lost power again!

      Delete
  3. Hi Emma! I love your selection and I also like classic pieces. You made some wise choices, some I feel I would have chosen, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer classic pieces to trend driven ones. I always thing it's worth investing in classic pieces of jewellery, I have some gorgeous pieces I've received as gifts over the years and I love breaking them out for special occasions! Glad you like the picks Cindy!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...