Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sumptuous Extreme

I recently received a sample size of Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara as a free gift with purchase. I've been using it for the past 6 weeks or so and I really like it. At first I found the large brush hard to work with but with some patience and two coats it gives my eyelashes so much volume and length without looking clumpy. 

The idea behind it is that it uses three different types of fibres to multiple the lashes. It also contains lash conditioning vitamins which is always a good thing because between using curlers, mascara and make up remover I tend to lose some eyelashes and I did find they grew back really quickly when using this mascara. 

ELSE1 ELSE2 ELSEcollage

I don't think I would ever tried this had I not received this sample. At €28 for a full price tube, it is very expensive, especially considering how much I love my cheap and cheerful 17 Wild Curls. I don't think I could justify spending that much money on a mascara. However if you do feel like treating yourself to some extreme lashes, this is a good one to try!

Emma x


5 comments:

  1. Hi Emma! You know me and how I love cosmetics so you know I love this blog post! :) I really like the side by side photos of your before and after. Wow, the mascara looks very good on you. I am like you about spending that large sum of money on mascara. Do you remember the EL vibrating mascara? It was fun to use and the customers were struck by the novelty of it.

    We were told to tell our customers about one of our favorite EL products and why. Three of mine were mink eye shadow and the EL Lash Primer. I love the neutral color of the mink shadow. Also, the eye shadow primer was another favorite product.

    Thank you Emma for your visits to my blog. I need to write you an email and carry on to you (you would understand) about my love of The Wizard of Oz. Your Wizard of Oz post had to be your best ever. I will be going back to look (SAVOR) it again and again.

    Thank you, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindy please do send me that email! There's nothing I love more than talking about my favourite films with my favourite people!

    I remember the vibrating mascara trend and I have never actually tried one! I think there would be a lot more on my eyelids that my eyelashes if I tried that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never bothered about expensive mascaras because I still love my Maybelline false lash length mascara! (Illegal lengths I think it's called.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to try that one, I've loved the falsies since it came out and pharmacy brand mascaras in general, it's the one thing I can never bear to spend loads of money on!

      Delete
  4. what a lovely review :)
    I adore this post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...