Thursday, November 29, 2012

'Cause The Marble Made My Cheeks Look Pink

 tumblr_me7w9lyd1w1qkpc62o1_500


I'm just writing a quick catch up post since I haven't been doing much blogging this week. In the past week both my mother and my brother have been in hospital so things have been a bit hectic!

I was front row at Father John Misty last weekend in a really small venue and it was unbelievable! Gig of the year. I've also seen a few great films in the cinema, Argo, The Master and Silver Linings Playbook. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the latter, I love David O'Russell's films (especially I Heart Huckabees) and for some reason the trailer for this didn't grab me but it's a really great film, I laughed so hard! The Master was so good too, it was so great seeing Joaquin Phoenix in a film again. He is such a damn good actor. 

Donnacha and I have also been watching a few French films recently too. We watched an Agnes Varda film called Cléo de 5 à 7 and a film by her husband Jacques Demy called Les desmoiselles de Rochfort which looked amazing, like an ice cream cone! I have a post planned on that one. 

My next film post has been delayed but will be up this weekend. I'm excited to share it with you! 

Don't forget to enter my Firmoo giveaway. It ends in 2 hours!

How are you all?

Emma x

PS. The above image is from the latest issue of Lula which I finally found in Dublin! It's also my wallpaper at the moment.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo Emma - hope your Mum and brother are doing ok xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your mother and brother needed hospital treatment, dear Emma. I hope both are AOK. I just watched the SLP trailer and can tell it has more heart and intelligence than most Hollywood produced romantic comedies and date movies. Naomi Watts is my favorite actress and I have seen all her films including I Heart Huckabees. Have a happy weekend, dear friend Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi Watts is a great actress, have you seen her in Funny Games? Great performance! Thanks for your well wishes Tom! Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your mam and brother Emma! Hope they get well soon X

    Speaking of films...I went to see "the master" the other night.....It was shockingly bad....Like you know the film is bad when the hightlight of the film was the malteasers I was eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can totally see why people didn't like it, it wasn't perfect but I really loved it. I do love all Paul Thomas Anderson films though! :)

      Delete
  4. sorry to hear about the health scares. hope they are both doing much better now. I really really want to see Argo. I think I might make Kevin take me this weekend. I really didnt think that I would like Silver Linings Playbook but if you say its good then it must be good. I will put it on my to see list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go see both! Kevin, take your lady to the movies!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...