Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm Subtle Like a Lion's Cage

I can't believe it's been three months since I've done an outfit post. The last time we took photos was on Christmas day and unbelievably it was colder yesterday taking these photos than it was on Christmas day. In fact in was so cold I couldn't even bear to take off my coat to show you my boring old black dress so don't worry, you weren't missing anything. 

NEJ1 NEJ14 NEJ6 NEJ4 NEJ3NEJ2 NEJ7 NEJ9 NEJ10 NEJ15 NEJ12 NEJ8 NEJ13

Coat- given to me by my granny
Tights- Penneys/Primark
Beret- eBay
Brooch- Vintage from Etsy
Necklace and Rings- Zara Taylor Hello Sailor Telescope Pendant and Three Brass Rings set
Gloves- Accessorize
Bag- Zara Basic Shopper
Scarf- Ruche Oxford Circus Plaid Scarf (now only $5!)
Nails- No7 Me! Me! Me!
Lips- Chanel Pirate (review coming soon!)


This has pretty much been my uniform over the past three months. Simple dress, warm coat, beret, scarf, gloves and lipstick (of course). I don't think I've ever been more excited about the Summer, I need some sunshine after this 6 month Winter! I just realised while browsing through my Tumblr dashboard the other day that this beret is a similar colour to the one worn by Suzy in Moonrise Kingdom. I was looking for the perfect check scarf since September and finally found this one from Ruche, it was such a good price and their international shipping is very reasonable. I like that it's not the usual red colour, even though I do really like the red ones. I've also been wearing this bag almost non-stop since I bought it in October. 

As you may already know, the past three/four months have been among the most difficult in my life. I've had almost all of my family, my boyfriend and brother in law suffer from varying levels of ongoing illnesses, I lost my grandfather and have had some bad news about the company I work for too. All of these things combined with the atrocious weather (seriously, blizzards in late March?) have resulted in a complete lack of outfit posts and a lack of posts in general. At one stage I was thinking of throwing the towel in and just stopping altogether, but thankfully that didn't last long because I soon realised that blogging, whether it was writing, photographing, reading or emailing my blogger friends, was one thing that was getting me through the tough times and taking my mind off things. Blogging combined with spending time with my family and my closest friends and throwing myself into work have all meant that I have kept positive and stayed focused on the good things, however small they are. 

Thank you for being a part of that.

Tell me how you are, comment or email or whatever, I'd love to hear from you! 

Emma x

17 comments:

  1. Chanel pirate looks amazing on you! :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have been going through a tough period, dear Emma, and I am very sorry about that. I hope you won't throw in the towel any time soon because you are an outstanding blogger and a great friend and I would hate to lose touch with you. If it makes you feel any better I can honestly say that I have never seen you look lovelier than you do in this set of pictures. The camera you guys are using is very high quality and the photographs themselves are imaginative and compelling. Good going! In case you missed my reply on SDM&M I watched Jackie Brown for the first time the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. I appreciated the use of the Delfonics songs in the soundtrack. I agree that Jackie Brown is an underrated Q.T. film. Have a wonderful week, dear friend Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for the lovely words tom! I'm glad you liked Jackie Brown, I haven't seen it in years so I will watch it again soon!

      Delete
  3. I was actually squealing like an overexcited piglet looking at this post because there's so much loveliness here! I love your fur coat and your red gloves and your vintage style accessories and your boots and your lipstick and your nails. So, pretty much everything - hence the squealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Emma, thank you so much, you're a sweetheart! So glad you liked the pics! :)

      Delete
  4. Also, on a more serious and important note, I'm so sorry to hear how tough things have been over the past few months - I really hope that things take a turn for the better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read about your tough times, but I am glad you didn't give up, I hope you are feeling better! xx You look lovely, your fur coat looks soooo warm, and berets suit you very well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I've really been getting into berets this year!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely love this look Emma, you look gorgeous and love all the little touches and accessories! Sorry you've had such a tough time lately hope things (including the weather) pick up for you very shortly:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this outfit! Your face is so flawless! I know it's hard to believe about the snow... totally crazy!!!! I hope spring is just around the corner for you, too!!!!!

    love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...