Thursday, October 16, 2014

NARS Contour Blush

I've been looking for the perfect contour product for my skin tone for the longest time. I knew what I wanted but everything I'd seen reviewed was for darker skin tones and bronzing rather than contouring. I've always just contoured by using a highlighter to bring out my cheekbones rather than a darker contouring product under my cheekbones so I was very excited when I saw swatches of NARS Contour Blush Duo in the shade Olympia.


NOCB1

The idea behind this duo is to create natural looking dimension to the face, the deeper shade defines while the lighter shade illuminates the high points of the face. 

NOCB4 NOCB5
NOCB6

As you can see Olympia contains two matte shades, a lighter ivory and a deeper pale brown/pink shade. I always worry about the texture of matte powders but these are soft and easy to work with and blend.


NOCB7

I use this in a few different ways, for daytime I lightly use the darker shade just under my cheekbones and sometimes I even use it on the apples of my cheeks as a blush if I'm in a hurry or I want a hint of colour on my cheeks. Then I use the light shade on the tops of my cheekbones and down my nose to highlight. 

If I want a more obvious contour look for nighttime, I go a little more heavy handed with the darker shade, then a blush depending on the look I'm going for and then I use a shimmery highlight instead of the one in the duo as I have found that it is better suited to more subtle daytime looks. 


NOCB10


I love how subtle the combination is on my skin tone. It's exactly what I wanted to give slight definition to my face. I think this is the perfect contouring duo for fair skin tones, but as this isn't the cheapest product, €37 to be exact,  I would definitely ask at a counter to try it out if you're not sure. I got mine from Brown Thomas.

What do you use to contour?

Emma x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful make up Emma! Sheer of the cheeks and cooper on the eyes make you look stunning!
    Very elegant electric Autumn make up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elegant Electric! I love it! Thank you Marta!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the idea! Lovely :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Nars Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...