Friday, January 23, 2015

Well I Almost Forgot It Was Twilight

I've mostly been dressing for comfort and warmth recently, which has meant a lot of cosy jumpers and layers. I contemplated buying this H&M jumper for ages and when I saw it on Emma, it sealed the deal. It's so cosy and warm, although I do have to wear a long sleeved top underneath because it's a bit scratchy on my skin. 


GJ2 GJ3 GJ7 GJ9 GJ8 GJ6


Coat, Jumper and Trousers- H&M
Boots- Topshop
Bag- Accessorize
Necklace- Zara
Brooch- Vintage, gift
Lipstick- Topshop Matte Lip Bullet Get Me Bodied

She's wearing pants! Why yes I am. I've been wearing them a lot lately because they are so damn comfortable and I love the embossed texture too, it makes them a little more interesting.

I wanted this Zara necklace for a long time and convinced myself I wasn't going to get it, that was until it went on sale and I could no longer justify not buying it, you know how it is! The boots were a 'Black Friday' purchase from Topshop, they need a tiny bit of wearing in to loosen them up but once you do they are so comfortable, I can even get away with wearing them in work when I'm on my feet for hours. I love how chunky they are even though my sister says they remind her of these ones.

This brooch is a special one because my granny gave it to me recently. An ex-boyfriend gave it to her in the early 1950s so it's proper vintage. I love the coloured stones, the photo really does not do it justice.

I finally decided to try some Topshop make up after much time spend browsing the stands. I had read about the Matte Lip Bullets and decided to try one out. Get Me Bodied is the ultimate Winter deep berry shade. I'm not so crazy about the packaging, especially for the price but it more than makes up for it in other ways, I really love the formula, colour and lasting power of it.

How is your January going so far? I'm too obsessed with my niece to notice the horrible cold and dullness that January normally brings.

Emma x


6 comments:

  1. I don't think you can have enough jumpers when you live in ireland! this one is particularly lovely! might have to have a look in hm, i've been horribly lazy and done most of my shopping online on asos, this cold is really getting the best of me :)
    I love your eye make up, do you remember what you were wearing that day?
    i hope all is well with you dear Emma :) xx
    ps: love the backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wearing a Bare Minerals BB Eyeshadow cream in the shade Divine Wine, it's amazing, I love it!

      Delete
  2. Well I must say I admire your exquisite style! ;) I love the lip colour but I hate how expensive Topshop make-up is over here compared to the UK. It's always a turn off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! It's definitely overpriced, but that's my general opnion on Topshop! Also, thank you very much Emma!

      Delete
  3. I love the story behind the brooch; it's so nice to have pieces with meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Emma, I treasure anything she gives me because there is so much history to it and I know she loves how much I appreciate it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...