Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Estée Lauder Modern Muse Nuit

It's been a long time since I've written about a perfume. It's something I find the majority of bloggers tend to stay away from because scent is such a personal thing and there's no way someone is going to buy a perfume just from reading about it whereas I might do with other beauty and skincare products. You really have to experience a perfume yourself, even if you think you might like something I always think you need to try a perfume for a while before deciding whether it's for you or not as a scent can change and develop as you continue to wear it throughout the day. 

My latest perfume purchase is Estée Lauder Modern Muse Nuit, the latest addition to the Modern Muse family and is was one that is relatively new, both to me and to the market having just launched last year.  Kendall Jenner was the face of the campaign which markets the perfume as a nighttime scent for what Kendall herself describes as a strong, stylish and feminine woman.

I first tried this at an Estée Lauder counter around Christmas time and my mam and sister tried it and loved it too. I'm a long time lover of Estée Lauder scents, Sensuous Nude is probably my all time favourite perfume so any time they release a new scent I'm always interested in trying it. You know you love a perfume when you spritz it on yourself at every opportunity. I've actually gone into Boots just to have a quick spray of this because I loved it so much. So when my boyfriend was going through the Duty Free in the airport last month I asked him if he'd pick me up a bottle and he kindly obliged. 


ELMM1

Let's begin with the bottle which is a gorgeous mixture of gold with deep blue/purple/green liquid inside a clear bottle topped off with a pretty bow that matches the packaging of the other incarnations of Modern Muse. The Estee Lauder site describes it as an Oriental Floral scent with notes of rum accord, jasmine absolute, sandalwood, musk and amber. I had a browse around on some perfume specific websites and there seems to be a consensus that their are top notes of mandarin and blackcurrant/cassis, middle notes of jasmine, chamomile and heliotrope and base notes of sandalwood, patchouli, amber, musk, Madagascan vanilla and tonka bean.

I haven't a clue what a heliotrope is (ok so I just looked it up and it's a purple flower), but I can definitely get the mandarin, sandalwood and patchouli when I spritz it first, then it develops to reveal the musk, jasmine and vanilla. That's just my personal take on it. I know scent can be different depending on the skin in comes in contact with which is why it's always good try try it yourself because it can smell completely different on someone else.

 Yes, this is marketed as a nighttime fragrance, but I wear it during the day because if I like a perfume I'll break all the rules and wear it whenever I want! Having said that it is quite a sophisticated, sexy and powdery scent that would be an ideal perfume for an evening out (or in, winky face).

If I hadn't tried it myself, I probably wouldn't have been inclined by reading it's description as I'm not usually a fan of anything too rich, however the notes all work together to make such a complex and beautiful scent that has quickly become one of my favourites. I'm completely obsessed.

Modern Muse Nuit is priced between €65- €126 depending on the size and is available from Debenhams, Boots, Arnotts and Brown Thomas.

Have your tried this or any of the other Estée Lauder perfumes? What's your current favourite scent?

Emma x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...