Sunday, April 30, 2017

YSL Volupté Tint-in-Balm

YSL Beauty released their latest lip innovation, the Volupté Tint-in-Balm earlier this month. They come in 12 shades, ranging from nude, coral and pink all the way to deep berry. The lip shaped core offers a sheer tint of colour and the surrounding bullet is a balm that gives the lips nourishing care. Every time you reapply, your lips are hydrated even more and the tint of colour intensifies. 

YSLTB1

I was given a sample of shade number 12, Try Me Berry which is a raspberry pink colour with a lighter pink core. When I first opened it I was struck by the packaging which let's be honest is incredibly pretty. This is my first YSL lipstick (although I suppose technically it's a lip balm). I wrote about some shades from the Vernis à Lèvres Vinyl Cream collection last year which are gorgeous. I think YSL really excel at innovative lip products and I love that they have so many different kinds of lip products. 

YSLTB6

If I'm completely honest, lip balm type products don't really excite me. I find them all very much the same, especially the tinted ones. I like strong, bright, pigmented lip products so tinted balms just don't do it for me. That being said, one way to get a girl excited about a lip balm is to give it this glorious packaging and already being a fan of YSL lip products I was interested to see how this was going to differ from your standard drugstore tinted lip balm. 

YSLTB5

The first thing I noticed when I applied it is the gorgeous mango scent, so if you're not a fan of fruity scents, straight off this won't be for you. I love it and it makes it so much more addictive to reapply. It feels soft, smooth and buttery on my lips but not thick. That's something I like about a balm in bullet form is it's obviously going to be more hygienic but also I don't end up putting too much on (which I always end up doing from a pot) and having to keep rubbing my lips together until it sinks in a bit. 

KBBC9

You can see in the photos that it gives a light shine and a hint of colour. This was just one application but I do find the colour intensifies the more you apply it, which you definitely will because like I said it's so addictive to reapply. I wear this a lot in work because it's so quick and easy to apply and doesn't even require a mirror. I find that some lipsticks can feel drying on my lips throughout the day and when you work somewhere with air conditioning it can effect your skin and lips. I love how nourished my lips feel after a day of wearing this. 

YSLTB4

There are plenty of lip balms that will nourish your lips like my favourite NUXE Rêve de miel, but I've never come across any with packaging as gorgeous as this. They are definitely more of a lip colour that a balm to hydrate your lips, I don't think anyone is going apply this before bed at night. The colours are all sheer enough that you can't really go wrong when choosing a shade. If you like fuss free lip products that you can apply on the go without worrying about getting on your teeth or feathering or if you suffer from dry lips and like them to feel hydrated all day, this is definitely a product for you.

They are priced at €33, it's YSL so you know it's not going to be cheap but I think they would make a lovely gift because you don't have to worry about the shade selection too much. Would I repurchase this once I run out? Yes I would, mostly because I don't actually have too many products like this (or any actually) I'm an absolute sucker for the packaging, I love the lips shaped core too, I think that's such a nice touch. If I'm going to be wearing a lip balm all day I do like it to have a bit of colour and I like how this colour builds up throughout the day. Also it's just such a pleasure to apply, after I put some on I keep pouting my lips to smell the mango scent (I know I'm not the only one!)

You can find them at Brown Thomas, ArnottsDebenhams and any other YSL Beauty stockist. 

What do you think? Have you tried this or any other YSL lip products?

Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...