Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It Doesn't Get Better Than Home Now Does It?

Follow my blog with bloglovin


Yesterday I took the train to Skerries after work. I moved there when I was 12 and lived there until I moved in with Donnacha two years ago. It's a small but beautiful seaside town in North County Dublin. My grandparents have lived there for as long as I can remember and it's where my dad grew up. A lot of my aunts, uncles and cousins live in the area too. I'll consider it home as long as the people I love live there, after all home is where the heart is! I hadn't been there in a while, even though it is only a 45 minute train journey. I love taking the train, I find it very relaxing (when there aren't too many people on the carriage with you). I went out to see my mam, my brother Jack and my grandparents. My dad was at work and my sister is in Avoca, County Wicklow helping to lead a kids camp. It is my grandad's 79th birthday today so I wanted to bring him down a little present.

My mam brought me for lunch in a little café called Seasons. I had minestrone soup with wholegrain bread and side salad of green beans, broccoli, tomatoes, sweet red onion, celery, walnuts and chicken. It was yummy! Then we collected my granny and went out for coffee and we got a selection of cakes to share between us. My granny loves to talk and despite that I must have heard most of them several times, I still love hearing her stories. I asked her to gather up some old photographs for me of her when she was my age. I'll scan them in to show you when she gives them to me. She also wants me to do some photoshop work on some of them, which will give me an excuse to learn how to use it properly.




The view from the train window




This is the stretch of water between Rush and Donabate




My train journey entertainment. I've had this Marie Claire since last month, but I only got around to reading it the other day




A sneak peak at my new shoes. I bought them from The Exhausted Etiquette Vintage shop on Etsy.
I'll incorporate them into a proper outfit post at the weekend



My grandparents very generously gave me some money for my birthday so today after work I stocked up on some toiletries and make up! Here's a few of my favourite products;




I love this serum! It smells like coconut and works wonders on split ends!




I always buy this when Boots do their €7.50 off No. 7 voucher. It removes heavy eye make up so easily!
Especially waterproof mascara and eye liner!




This is my favourite moisturiser. It's got light reflecting particles and really suits my combination skin.
It also has SPF 15 which is a must have for my fair skin





I love this exfoliator. The beads in it are larger than normal exfoliating facial wash products
and it leaves your skin feeling really smooth and clean!





I have a really bad time with dry skin on my hands from being work all day and carrying clothes around and "hanger hands" as we call them. This hand lotion is great, I've tried so many others but since I started using this my hands have been in great condition. I use it every night before bed so it means I don't have to use it during the day which I sometimes find annoying when I'm constantly washing my hands in work.




My favourite mascara at the moment. I generally find Maybelline mascaras to be the best suited to me. I use a curler first so that really helps. I think this is their best new mascara and it really does make your eyelashes look longer and fuller without sticky clumps! I never buy expensive mascaras because I find it's the one make up item I use that needs to be replaced the most often.




I got these in the post today. Another order to use up the end of my 3v voucher. For 99 cents you can't really go wrong! The eyelashes came without glue so I bought the Revlon Lash Adhesive today to use with them. I really should wear them at some stage. I rarely do!





I wanted to get something longer lasting with the money than just beauty products so I ordered some boots on Etsy. I can't wait to show them to you!

Tomorrow is Friday for me! Hooray! I also found out today in work that I have another 22 days holidays to take before the end of March next year. That's not including the weeks I have booked this month and next month! I should really save up and go away somewhere early next year. Here's hoping!





Love,

Emma xxx



5 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to fake lashes - they are the best! Envious of how many holidays you have left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the John Frieda Lightening Blonde shampoo and conditioner and I dont really notice a difference but I try that serum... Thanks.

    XOXO,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  3. you blog is WOW :) congrats!
    I loved the shoes and the eyelashes are just amazing. sadly I cant buy it in Portugal :/

    The music is gorgeous btw but I love all the songs of She & Him :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Daniela! Yes, She and Him are great!

    xx

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma, I forgot how much I love you!!!
    LisandySkerriesbeach!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...