Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And It's A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall

It's been tricky getting out to take outfit photos these days because it's rained on and off all day every day since Sunday. Yesterday there was a brief break in the weather when we were on our way to the cinema so we quickly took some photographs of my rain proof outfit. I think that's the most annoying thing about living in Ireland. The weather is so erratic which makes it very difficult to dress for the day. It could be lashing rain and freezing on my way to work and a heat wave on the way home (which it was today). Dressing in layers is key to surviving this kind of weather, as is having a big bag to store the surplus layers when they are no longer needed.

Umbrella's are an essential item to have with you at all times too, which is why I was so sad when I left my handy bag umbrella behind in a pub last week. I have had it longer than any umbrella and it had a cover over it which meant it was easy to keep in my bag just in case of a rain emergency. I went back to the pub to see if someone handed it in but unfortunately it wasn't there. However the nice woman who went to look for it for me brought me back a bigger umbrella with a wooden handle and said I could have it because it's been in their lost and found for 2 years, so it was a happy alternative. Anyway, enough about the weather, here are the photos;












I got my parka and polka dot scarf in work last year












The stripey boat neck top is from work and the black pencil skirt is from Marks and Spencers








The 'E' pendant is from work too, but I don't have a link because it's not up on the website yet





So that's my way of dressing for wet weather. I was wearing boots too, I prefer the skirt/boots combo to trousers because they always act like sponges when it rains. What do you think? What's your rainy weather must have?

Hope your week has been going well so far. I'm slowly adjusting to my new shift in work.




Emma xxx

6 comments:

  1. I love the vibrancy of the colors in these photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty outfit! I'm just loving your make-up all the time. :)SArahD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! And you are so pretty. :P I just found your blog today, and I love it. Following!

    :o)Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Beautiful photos... and I LOVE your lipstick color! So great on you!!!

    Great blog! Happy I found you!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fourth picture is my favourite. You are very pretty.
    My must have for rainy weather...a rainsleeve for my camera!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...