Sunday, November 27, 2011

Film Style Inspiration- Bonnie Parker (Bonnie and Clyde)

The inspiration for November's Film Style post is Faye Dunaway's portrayal of notorious bad gal Bonnie Parker from the 1967 film Bonnie and Clyde. It's also the only of my Film Style posts in which the character is based on a real life person (to the best of my knowledge). 

The events of the film take place in the 1930's but as far as I can tell the style and make up is very much inspired by that of the decade it was filmed in, the 1960's. I tried to do my make up as close to the make up Faye Dunaway wears as possible. From what I can see she has some warm brown shades on her lids and straight black liner, white/nude liner on the water line and pretty nude lips.

Here's the make up I used to re-create her make up look:

Urban Decay Naked Palette- Virgin and Buck
Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liquid liner in Perversion
Maybelline The Falsies mascara
No 7 false eyelashes in 20 
Carmex on the lips

BP7

BP6

BP4

BP2

BP9

Great To Be Nominated Series

BP10


As for the clothes, I'm pretty sure everyone knows the stills of Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty from the film. Her character's uniform consists of knee or calf length textured skirts, patterned triangle scarves, light coloured blouses, cable knit sweaters, a beret and flats/sensible heels. Here is my version of the Bonnie Parker costume (without the prop gun).


FSI-BP1

FSI-BP3

FSI-BP5

FSI-BP4

FSI-BP6

FSI-BP10

FSI-BP8

FSI-BP9

FSI-BP11

FSI-BP13

FSI-BP15

FSI-BP12

FSI-BP17

FSI-BP14

FSI-BP19

FSI-BP18

FSI-BP7

Beret- Accessorize
Cardigan and Skirt- Monsoon
Shoes- Marks and Spencers
Scarf- Charity Shop

My hair is a lighter colour. I wanted to go back to my natural colour and decided colour remover was the way to go but obviously because I've coloured my hair about 7 times this past year it wasn't going to be that easy. It's now a lighter shade of red than it was and I kind of like it. I'm going to let it grow out for as long as I can stand the roots. Then, who knows. 

I have gotten up to date with almost everything. I have two more posts ready to go and I'm almost done editing all the wedding photos. A big thank you to Donnacha who got a new desktop computer for me this week. I can finally edit again!

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments about the wedding. You are the best people.

Emma x


4 comments:

  1. Hello, Emma! I've missed you, dear friend! You did a fine job of capturing the Bonnie Parker look. I remember the day in the fall of 1967 when I went to see Bonnie and Clyde in a theater at State College. B&C was one of the most buzzworthy films of the decade and was followed a few months later by the release of another landmark picture, The Graduate. Have a wonderful week, dear Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make a killer Bonnie although I would have loved to see you pictured with a big gun. I cant belive you only have carmex on your lips. They are the prettiest shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. This look really suits you. I love the scarf. You suit your new hair colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning photos!! i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...