Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clarins Lips

I'm always looking for hydrating lip products that still give a great colour to your lips. I've been wearing the Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balms for at least 7 years now. It's probably the first make up product that when I tried it I knew I had to always have one in my make up bag. I don't think I even realised until a few years after I started wearing it that it's not a gloss but actually a Lip Balm. Essentially It's a gloss with the hydrating effects of a lip balm which to me is the perfect combination, especially for Summer when I tend to go for glosses over lipsticks. 

The formula of these is so light and non sticky, they smell so gorgeous and fruity and the colour payoff is comparable to the best lip glosses (if not better)

Unfortunately Clarins have recently repackaged their Colour Quench Lip Balms (which now retail at about €17) and gotten rid of the old colours and brought in eight new ones so I won't be able to get my two favourite Poppy and Blood Orange again. I assume they've done some reformulating too but I haven't tried the new ones yet as I'm trying to lay off buying new lip products at the moment, but when I do try one out I'll let you know what I think. 

You can see what Blood Orange looks like below.

Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm

Clarins Blood Orange


I bought a Clarins gift set this in the January sales this year, I got a full size Beauty Flash Balm, and trial sizes of their Instant Definition mascara (which I love, but that's for another time) and one of their new Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors in Rose Shimmer.  The formula contains shea butter, wild mango and vitamins A and E among it's other ingredients. I adore this product, the amazing sweet vanilla scent, the smooth texture and the colour which you can see below. It's the perfect lip product for when you want a subtle lip with some shine but still want to have your lips moisturised and healthy looking. 

They come on two colours, the second being the more peachy toned Apricot Shimmer. They retail at about  €16 and are a must have for anyone who suffers from chapped lips!

Clarins Instant Lip Perfector

Clarins Rose Shimmer


I was hoping to have an outfit post for you today but it literally has not stopped raining since the start of April  and unfortunately I can't work the whole drowned rat look so I'm praying for sunshine and dying to get back out there again!

These indoor friendly beauty posts will have to suffice for now!

PS. Check out this video I helped film yesterday,


Emma x




3 comments:

  1. Hi, Emma! I'm sorry you're having so much soggy weather over there. I love the Blood Orange and very much enjoyed the video you helped make for the band. Hope you're having a great week in spite of the weather, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really use this. My lips are always getting chapped. I hope the weather gets better in your neck of the woods :)

    Oh and I recently purchased a Lip Butter on your recommendation and love it :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...