Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Glossybox/ April Review

So I got two Glossyboxes this month, my April one arrived on the 10th and my May one arrived on the 24th, just two weeks apart. I was much more impressed with the delivery time with May's box as it arrived the day after it was dispatched. I think that's the way they need to do things in future.

May's box was the one year anniversary one and so I was expecting something a bit special. Here's what I got;

MGB1

MGB2

MGB3

MGB4

MGB5

I was a little disappointed what with it being the anniversary box, they sent out a balloon to blow up (I have no idea why they thought we'd want a balloon, maybe for those with children?) and a compact mirror with the Glossybox name and logo on it which was a nice touch, even though I already have one that I carry around in my bag all the time, they always seem to break so I'll definitely use it at some stage.

This time there was only one full size product as opposed to last month when we got four full sized products. This was a pair of false eyelashes by Eldora and although I do wear false eyelashes from time to time, these ones are so huge and I would never feel comfortable wearing them.

I also got a sample sized shower gel by Noble Isle, a Clarifying Face Mask (for acne prone skin, which I don't have) by Murad, an All in One Hair Treatment spray by Uniqone and two half full perfume samples of Lolita Lempicka perfume.

I won't tell you what I think about the products until next month so that I have time to try them out but I wanted to go over the value of this month's box in comparison to last month's one. I did some calculations and altogether this box was worth approximately £25 / €31 / $39. That's including the perfume samples which considering they were half full, I combined and included as one perfume sample which I valued at 52p. But to be honest, I though it was a bit cheeky including a couple of perfume sample that are the same size as ones you'd get free from a make up counter. The most valuable thing in the box was the Murad Face Mask which contains £14 worth of product.

So it was worth £10 /€12 /$17 less than the April box. However that included eyelashes that I won't wear, perfume that I didn't like and a face mask for the opposite skin type to mine. So to me it was really worth a lot less.

That being said I've decided I'll keep up my subscription for at least six months and see how I feel after that.



Read on for my reviews of last month's products.


AGB1

I really like this Ayuuri Natural Body wash. I don't love it but I like it. It contains Indian Rose to hydrate, dry, mature or sensitive skin, Jasmine to calm the body and mind and is good for sensitive and dry skin, Aloe Vera which is soothing, calming and cooling. Ayuuri are against animal testing and the products are paraben free, which I think is great. The body wash has a floral rose scent which might not be everyone's cup of tea but I liked it, it also lather's up easily and feels very moisturising. I like the packaging too, it's easy to use in the shower. 

This is available from the Ayuuri website for £4.95 and seems to be widely available in different supermarkets and pharmacies across the UK. I personally wouldn't order this online as it's too much hassle with shipping charges and all that, but I would buy it if they started selling it in Boots or a local pharmacy as it's a lovely product and is reasonably priced. 


AGB2

I absolutely LOVE this hand cream from Yes! Nurse. It's £5.49 for a 50ml tube on their site or you can buy a monthly or bi-monthly subscription for £4.99 or as low as £3.63 when you refer a friend. It contains Active Manuka Honey, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Passion Fruit Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and White Willow Bark Extract. It also contains Vitamins E and B5 and Omega 3, 6 and 9!  So basically it's a party for your hands and smells lovely too! 

What I really love about this is that because it's been developed for busy nurses who wash their hands constantly, it has a really nutrient rich formula as you can see from the ingredients above, but it sinks into your skin so quickly and isn't greasy at all so you can put it on and just go about your business not having to wait for it to dry into your skin. I love this and I'll definitely be repurchasing it!


AGB3

I've been hearing a lot about Caudalie products over the past year, in particular their Beauty Elixir which I've been dying to try out.  I've been wearing this serum under my moisturiser at night since I got it and for a 10ml sample I've actually gotten quite a few uses out of it. I don't think I would need to use it every day, maybe two or three times a week or if my skin was feeling particularly dehydrated. I definitely noticed a difference to my skin after leaving it on at night, the following morning it felt more hydrated and bouncier if that makes sense! 

It retails for £29 and that's for a 30ml size, according to the Glossybox info card. I actually couldn't find the size of it on the Caudalie site. I would definitely repurchase this and use it only when I felt I really needed it to hydrate my skin as it's quite expensive for me, although in comparison to other serums I've looked at, it's quite inexpensive!


AGB4

This lip liner is the only product from the April Glossybox that I haven't been using almost everyday. In fact I only used it once as it's not a good colour for me. However after reading up on INIKA as a company I was really impressed. Here's the story if you want to read it yourself but basically it's an all natural cosmetics brand incorporating organic and vegan products and free from synthetic chemicals and harmful ingredients.

I'm very impressed with the company and hope to find more retailers stocking their products soon as for now they are available to buy in AU$ from the site and from about 5 stockists worldwide. If you are vegan or in anyway worried about the chemicals in cosmetics, this is the brand for you. I tried the pencil on my lips just to test it out even though I won't wear it. The pigmentation is amazing and it has a smooth texture that doesn't seem like it will smudge too easily. I'll give the pencil to my mam as she wears this colour and see what she thinks.  

AGB5

AGB6

Last but not least is the Figs and Rouge Balm. What I really like about this balm is that it is 100% pure, natural and organic and they don't test on animals. This Rambling Rose Balm contains organic sunflower seed oil, organic shea butter, organics beeswax, organic rose geranium oil and organic geranium oil. Other scents include Sweet Geranium, Peppermint and Tea Tree, Pomegranate, Aloe and Mint, Wild Cherry and Coco Vanilla. 

I love the scent and texture of this it just melts into your lips and it's so smooth. I can't recommend this highly enough! There's also a great section on their website that gives you lots of tips on how to use the balm. It's such a great all in one product that you can use on your lips, body, hands etc. It retails at about €5 depending on where you buy it. I'll definitely be repurchasing this!

AGB7


Sorry that this is such a word heavy post, but I want to keep the review with the photos from the new box. Have you signed up for a beauty box? Do you think it's worth the money?

Emma x

6 comments:

  1. I got a perfume sample of Lolita Lempika when I was in Paris a few years ago. I remember quite liking it at the time. I'm not sure I'd go for the beauty box as I'm not a huge consumer of beauty products and tend to stick to tried and tested ones that work for me. Make up is my downfall but even then I never splah out that much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not as big a make up junkie as some people, I'm still sceptical about the whole thing but because I've already found some products I love I'll keep it up for a while. I do love sticking to the ones that I've bought again and again so you know you're not wasting your money!

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma! I had not heard of this company before. Those false eyelashes were something else. They look like they would be heavy, it might be difficult to hold open your eyes with the weight of them. Perhaps you can put them to use on Halloween. Anxious to read more of your reviews. The most recent make up products that I have bought recently were some mascara and concealer. My sister and neighbor have both raved about the Mary Kay under eye concealer so I bought a small tube of it recently. I used some yesterday and liked the way it looked, I used it in places besides under my eyes. Hope things are going well with you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Cindy!I might use them for a fancy dress! You wouldn't believe how ridiculous they looked when I held them up to my eye! :D

      I've heard of mary kay before but they don't sell it here. I'd love to hear about some of your favourite products! :)

      Delete
  3. the more I read about these boxes the more I think they arent really for me. I mean they are so hit or miss and those lashes are crazy long. I couldnt see wearing them either. I hope your next box is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I definitely think only certain people will enjoy them and they have been one hit, one miss with me so I'm interested to see over a period of time how they are. I'm trialling it for 6 months and then I'll re-evaluate whether I think it's worth it, I don't really think it could be worth it in the long run if you saved that money every month and spent it on something else!x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...