Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My First Glossybox

Last month I signed up to the monthly Beauty Box subscription service Glossybox. I had wanted to try the service ever since I first heard about beauty boxes last year. I signed up to the month by month payment which allows me to cancel my subscription whenever I want. You can also sign up for 6 months or a year. It costs £12.95 including postage which works out at just over €15. 

I received my first box on last week and that was April's box. It took two weeks to get to me from the UK which I really don't understand because even when I order from the US or China, it doesn't take that long, but it didn't bother me that much as it wasn't something I specifically needed. I saw on their facebook page that a lot of people were getting annoyed about it, but it wasn't a huge deal for me, I would just say that they probably should have sent them out sooner so you actually get it in the month it's for but all in all, I was fine with it.


GB1

GB2.1

April's box had a 'Natural' theme. The products came beautiful packaged in a biodegradable box and as you can see below the inside is just as pretty as the outside. I'm really happy with the packaging alone which I will definitely re-use for various things. 

GB3

The products are all ethical, natural and mostly organic and include a sample size (10 ml) Caudalie Thirst Quenching Serum,  a full size Inika Cosmetics certified organic lip liner, a full size (200ml) Ayuuri Natural Body Wash, a full size (8 ml) Figs and Rouge Lip Balm and a full size (50 ml) Yes! Nurse Hand Cream. So out of five products four of them were full size. So just to do the maths for you, including a 10ml sample size of the serum which is a third of the full size which is 30ml, it all adds up to £35/€43/$56 worth of products. 

GB4

GB5

I did a lot of research before and after signing up and it seems a lot of people aren't happy with the service for numerous reasons but to be honest I still wanted to try it out and I'm very happy with my first box. I'm excited to try all the products and I'm planning on showing you the next box and reviewing this one when I receive May's box. I figured that would give me enough time to try all the products (I'm already mad about the lip balm and hand cream!). 

Glossy box have also launched their US service this week which is $21 which is slightly more expensive than the British/Irish counterpart. 

So what do you think? Are you signed up for any beauty boxes? Is is something you would treat yourself to every month or do you think it's a waste of money? I'd love to know what you think as I'm still undecided as to how long I'll keep my subscription for, but for now I'm really looking forward to discovering and trying new products!

Emma x

3 comments:

  1. hey! I've heard of these services but I havent tried one yet. Looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post:) I really like your blog..do you have twitter or FB??

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, very interesting, great post Emma! My first experience of beauty boxes has been She Said Beauty and I've been impressed with the two boxes I've received. It's interesting to see how Glossybox compares.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...