Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dreams Unwind, Love's A State Of Mind

I chose this outfit based completely around this amazing Esprit hat I received from Surfdome.com. The outfit ended up having a seventies feel to it hence the post title lyrics from Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon which are also fitting considering it's Halloween later this week.  Have a look here at Surfdome's array of hats for Autumn/Winter. 


EH13 EH17 EH33 EH16 EH18 EH25 EH23 EH5 EH7 EH34 EH19 EH27 EH20 EH22 EH30
Photos by Donnacha

Sunglasses- eBay
Fur Collar- Chicwish
Jacket- Marella (charity shop)
Dress and Boots- Marks and Spencer
Bag- Coach (via eBay)
Rings-Vintage
Earrings and Bracelet- Accessorize
Lips- YSL Rose Baby Doll Glossy Stain (review coming this week)

We've been so lucky with the weather so far this Autumn. Apart from the rain and wind, it's been quite mild so I'm enjoying wearing light layers at the moment. I've been having a lot of fun recently, hanging out with friends, going out more than I usually do, work is going really well and I've been making the most of new challenges every day. I feel really lucky. I'm going to Paris very soon and we've been trying to organise what we're going to do each day so I'm getting really excited about that. I've been watching The Mindy Project which has quickly become my new favourite show and listening to a lot of Pixies, Elliott Smith and Fleetwood Mac. I've had lots of great exciting opportunities because of blogging, which can sometimes be scary but I really want to embrace it all and enjoy it. It's been so much fun and so rewarding!

Tell me how you are!

Emma x

22 comments:

  1. I love your hat. I really would like one but I'm afraid I can't pull it off.
    Thank you for following my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally go for it! I was really scared to wear hats like this but I just had to be confident about it! I love them now!

      Delete
  2. You look bewitching, dear Emma, like Stevie Nicks on her best day! The photography on your blog is always the best and I love the color combination resulting from your OOTD framed by the green, gray and black background.

    I'm happy to learn that your Irish weather is holding up. Here in West Central Florida we are enjoying a brief but welcome cool down making it a joy to venture outdoors for the first time in months.

    I totally agree with you about The Mindy Project. I watch it every week and like it more and more. Mindy Kaling is a brilliant writer and comic actress and her show is packed full of classic lines and non sequiturs. The critics love the series but it continues to struggle in the ratings week after week. The masses don't know what they're missing.

    I can feel your excitement as you prepare for another exciting trip to Paris!

    Have a super week ahead, dear friend Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you appreciated the photography Tom! I passed your compliments on to Donnacha! Happy to hear you are a fellow fan of The Mindy Project! I'm almost up to date with it and I can't wait for more!

      Delete
  3. You always look so flawless and brilliant :) Paris sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I can't wait to share it with you all when I come back!

      Delete
  4. That's some nice sunglasses! And a very very nice hat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellinor! I was a bit freaked out by the sunglasses at first but now I love them!

      Delete
  5. Dear Emma, such exceptional photos! As always I love your style and how you put it all together. You looked as beautiful as ever in your photos, there is such detail in them, too. I think one of my favorites ones you posted was of the sun's rays coming down over your right shoulder. It would be such fun to prepare and anticipate a trip to Paris! We all will be anxious to read all about it and to also "SEE" all about it with your gorgeous photos. Donnacha is a great photographer, please give him my compliments. I love Mindy Kaling, too. I was a big fan of "The Office". I need to watch her new show. Take care, Emma. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will of course pass on your compliments! I think you would enjoy The Mindy Project, she is such a talented writer and actress! Hope you're having a lovely week Cindy!

      Delete
  6. This is such a fabulous look and you are seriously gorgeous. I love the lip color and nail color, they are just lovely and I wish my hair curled like yours does, mine is straight as a board. These are such cool funky sunglasses!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very lucky to have naturally curly hair! Which is good because I'd be too lazy to curl it if it was straight! :)

      Delete
  7. oh my goodness! Gorgeous!!! Look at your fur!!! Ow ow!!!

    Love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Polly! I love the fur too! I can't stop wearing it!

      Delete
  8. Love the look ! But lips like the most, beautiful colour!
    rgds Marta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! A review of the Lip stain will be up next week! I love it so much!

      Delete
  9. So gorgeous! I have total ring envy. I've been listening to a lot of 60s era music lately, which started with hearing of Lou Reed's death, A Perfect Day is my current favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite rings! I wear them all the time! And the best thing is that I bought them at a vintage fair with a voucher I won!

      Delete
  10. Ooh, Paris! How exciting :) When I went there for a week I did no planning - it was so ad hoc :p I am so lazy when it comes to researching before my trips. The fur coat looks like so much fun to wear and I love the colour of your hat :) The YSL lip gloss is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hat looks awesome on you Emma - wish I could rock a hat like that but my very round face makes it tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've impeccable style, something so ethereal about it. Love your blog. I'm your new follower! x

    http://www.thereddutchess.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...