Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Beauty Works Hair Accessories

I'm a low maintenance girl when it comes to my hair. I shampoo and condition it, add some mousse, serum or oil and leave it to air dry. I'm very lucky that I have curly hair so I don't have to style it on a daily basis. Occasionally I use a curling iron or hot rollers if I'm going out or for special occasions. So when Beauty Works, an online retailer for hair extensions and accessories, sent me some of their pieces, I was excited to try them out. I was sent the Small Messy Hair Bun and the Festival Braid Head Band


BW1 BW3 BW4

I was colour matched using a photo of my hair in natural light, however if you were thinking about ordering Hair Extensions, you can actually buy a swatch from the 42 shades available to make sure you know the right shade to match your hair before you go ahead and buy the full extensions. 


BW2 BW6

As you can see the band on the Festival Head Band is adjustable so that it can fit anyone. I did a really quick half updo with the band by backcombing the hair at the crown of my head to give that slight sixties beehive look. Then I took the top section of my hair and pinned it at the back of my head with bobby pins. I then added the braided band and it instantly made everything look a lot more put together. 


BW5 BW11 BW12
BW13


The Bun has a net underneath with an elasticated edge and tie that you can pull tight around your own hair. I found both of the pieces very easy to use. The only issue I had was that my hair is quite long and thick at the moment so I actually put it into a small side bun secured in place with bobby pins and then added the hair piece on top to give a more polished and full look to my hair. 


BW14

I was really impressed with the colour match, I took the photos above in natural light and as you can see both hair pieces are the exact match to the shade of my hair. 

I've never really tried anything like this in my hair before and I was sceptical as to whether it would be too much trouble for me to bother with, but having tried the pieces out I think they would be perfect on days when you need to wash your hair but don't have the time and maybe just want to put it up but still look presentable and like you've made an effort. I think either of the looks I did above would be perfect for a Wedding or special occasion. It would save the money of paying for a hairdresser and both are quick and easy to do. 

What do you think of hair accessories like these ones? Would you ever try them?

Emma x

6 comments:

  1. I normally don't like the look of any fake hair bits and bobs but this looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually either but these a re a great quick fix for looking polished when you don't have time!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that looks incredibly chic on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, I'm not used to being that Chic!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...