Friday, June 3, 2016

The First Faint Noise Of Gently Moving Water

This day six years ago I decided on a whim to start Ol' Green Eyes. I could never have imagined how my life would change during those six years. It's unbelievable how many opportunities this blog has afforded me and how many wonderful people I've met a lot of whom I now count as friends. Although it may not seem like a lot to some, this little blog is one of the things I am most proud of in my life. The countless hours spent reading, writing, editing, taking photographs, trying out products, researching and attending events all for the love of keeping this blog going for the simple fact that I love it.

What better way to celebrate the sixth anniversary of the blog than with a set of outfit photos, one of my favourite kinds of posts to put together. I was so lucky to be off work this week for one of the best stretches of good weather we've had in Ireland in a long time. We went to Sandycove beach and Dun Laoghaire yesterday and when I saw this wall which I've passed by and admired many times, I thought it would be the perfect backdrop to photograph my new red dress.


6Y2 6Y15 6Y4 6Y13 6Y12 6Y6 6Y10 6Y11 6Y8 6Y14


Jacket- New Look
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- eBay
Lipstick-Revlon Strawberry Suede (discontinued)
Nails- Max Factor Vivid Vermillion


I bought the Archive by Alexa Misty Dress a few weeks ago after continuously eyeing it up since the collection launched. I finally caved and I'm so glad I did because it fits beautifully and I adore the colour and print. It's such a gorgeous Summer dress and I'll definitely be taking it on holiday with me because the fabric is great in the hot weather. I wanted to dress it down for daytime so I wore it with my oversized New Look denim jacket and my new Topshop Cyprus trainers (which are so comfortable!).

I've had the bag and sunglasses for years. I got the sunglasses for less than $2 on eBay and I've had more compliments on them than any of my other sunglasses. I got this binoculars bag from a vintage seller on Etsy and I bring it out every Summer. It's amazing quality and surprisingly roomy.

Lastly I'm wearing one of my favourite lipsticks Strawberry Suede by Revlon as it matches the dress perfectly. It's one of their matte finish lipsticks and is heartbreakingly discontinued. So if anyone from Revlon happens to be reading this, please for the love of God bring back Strawberry Suede!

It's fitting that the backdrop of these photos features a wall in Dun Laoghaire with a quote from 'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' by James Joyce as Bloomsday Festival is coming up in a couple of weeks, it's always great seeing everyone dressed up in their turn of the century costumes.

I just wanted to finish by saying a huge thank you to all of my readers. Those of you who are new to it and those who have been with me since the beginning. You'll never know how much it means to me that you choose to visit my blog and read my words. Here's hoping I'll be here another six years from now!

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...