Sunday, May 28, 2017

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks

This is my first review of the products I bought in Sephora when I was in New York. I didn't actually buy a lot in Sephora, after my splurge in the Glossier Showroom (read about my experience here) I just went with a select few products that I had wanted to try for a long time and aren't available to buy in Ireland. 

Bite Beauty is a Toronto based company founded in 2011 by Susanne Langmuir that solely creates lip products. The products are cruelty free, all natural, made with food grade ingredients and are apparently edible (although I haven't nibbled on either of my lipsticks just yet).

I had heard about Bite Beauty throughout the years from various bloggers and Youtubers and it caught my interest being a brand that focus on just creating lip products. The Bite products include lipsticks, liners, a primer, glosses, scrubs, a mask and lip wipes. I had originally wanted to go to the Bite Beauty Lip Lab in Soho to create my own lipstick shade, I even went in when we were on our way to get lunch to ask about it but they had no spaces that day so I researched it a bit more that evening. I read a lot of reviews and they were so mixed that it put me off. I didn't want to risk spending the money on something that didn't have glowing reviews so I opted to check out the collection in Sephora instead. 

When I visited Sephora I knew I wanted to buy something from Bite, I browsed the miniatures section at the checkout first and spotted The Perfect Pair Amuse Bouche Lipstick Sets both of which included two shades of mini lipsticks for $15. One of the sets had the shades Rhubarb and Thistle, the other which is the one I ended up getting contains Fig and Meringue. I went for that set because I wasn't mad about the shade Thistle in the other set. I wanted to buy the Agave Lip Scrub and maybe a full size lipstick but I thought it would be better to go for some miniatures because it's a good way to try out a brand without spending too much money. The 2 mini lipsticks are 1.55g of product each, the full size Amuse Bouche lipsticks are 4.35g for $26, so it's good value and I played it safe with shades I knew I would wear a lot. 

BB17
BB16
BB15 BB12 BB8 BB6
Fig

BB9
L-R Fig, Meringue

BB2 BB1
Meringue

There are 34 shades in the Amuse Bouche collection. They're made from 12 edible oils to keep your lips hydrated and nourished and triple milled pigments with added nutrients, vitamins and omega oils in a citrus scent from fresh pressed fruit. Fig is a rose toned nude and Meringue is a peach toned nude, both of which are very wearable and flattering shades.

When I first tried them I was so impressed with the pigmentation and texture, they're so easy to apply and feel creamy and hydrating. I actually really like the scent, it's citrusy but not overpowering at all. Despite the formula being "edible" I wouldn't be licking it off my lips, but it's good to know I'm putting quality ingredients on my lips that actually give nourishment as well as excellent colour payoff. I'd love to try one of the brighter shades to see what the pigmentation is like. I also love the packaging which is a bit different than the usual lipstick packaging. It has a matte finish in a charcoal grey and the little bite taken out of the lid is a cute detail.

Part of me wishes I'd gone to the Lip Lab, it seems like such a unique experience, you get to choose your custom shade, finish and scent which is a lipstick lovers dream. It's $150 for 2 lipsticks of your signature shade or $55 if you just want to choose from the Bite shade library and then choose your finish and scent.

Bite Beauty is exclusively available at Sephora which means it's difficult for us Europeans to get hold of, but I was informed by fellow Irish blogger Siobhan from BeautyLymin of a service called My Mall Box that allows you to shop online with US websites, consolidate your orders and they have them shipped over to Ireland. I feel like I'll definitely be using the service in the near future after discovering so many great brands in New York.

Has anyone else tried Bite Beauty? What do you think about the Lip Lab experience, would you try it?

Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...