Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'll Take Care Of You, If You Ask Me To

It feels like ages since I've posted even though it's only been 4 days! I wanted to share with you some new things. I went to see Gainsbourg in the cinema yesterday. Beforehand I went looking around some of the charity shops on Capel Street with Donnacha and Simon. There's about 5 or 6 on the street so we took our time. It's something you really have to have great patience for, not exactly my strongest point, but I didn't mind yesterday because it wasn't too busy and I had a belly full of brownie and coffee. It's rare that you actually find something worth spending money on in these places, some are better than others, but I really lucked out yesterday. Here's what I got;





Chocolate Fudge Brownie first of course!




A dark brown Freedex Kelly bag in very good condition from the Irish Cancer Society shop









A bottle green and brown mini satchel also from the Irish Cancer Society shop








My Zara Taylor package arrived!




Aren't her business cards really beautiful?








My Dear Watson Magnifying Glass Pendant


What I wore today;




I have to say I have a small thing for Leopard Print




My nail polish is Rimmel Orange Bliss







I used grey and blue tones on my eyes today from a Rimmel palette





So as I mentioned earlier, I went to see Gainsbourg yesterday. I have to admit I didn't really no much about his life or music before I went in. I only really knew the well-known things like, married to Jane Birkin, affair with Brigitte Bardot, daughter Charlotte Gainsbourg and the controversial song Je t'aime...moi non plus. My favourite part of the film was the beginning when it depicted (Lucien) as a young boy. His charm sort of ended there. It did have a lot of great 60s fashion and beautiful women in it, including french model Laetitia Casta as Brigitte Bardot and the late Lucy Gordon as Jane Birkin. I have never seen Bardot in a film, but she really is a beautiful woman. Laetitia Casta looked a lot like her and I think was even a little more pretty than Bardot. Her eye make up is amazing!




Image Found Here




Image Found Here




Brigitte and Laetitia Casta

Image Found Here




Laetitia Casta as Bardot

Image Found Here





Laetitia Casta and Eric Elmosnino

Image Found Here


How is your week going so far? Mine is flying by! Bring on the weekend! Oh I also received my dress from O Captain in the mail today. Can't wait to get it altered and show it to you.

Goodnight,

Em xxx

PS. I'm obsessed with the album Teen Dream and have been since I first heard it earlier this year, here's one of my favourite songs from it;




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...