Saturday, July 31, 2010

Let Me Steal This Moment From You Now

It's an overcast Saturday evening here in Dublin and I am sitting down with a glass of Chardonnay. It's been raining on and off all day so unfortunately another Saturday goes by with no trip to the beach or picnic. Oh well! It makes me appreciate the rare occasions when the weather is consistently nice enough to do these things. My ipod is on shuffle and I have to say some great songs have played in the last few minutes including Pixies 'There Goes My Gun', Paul Simon 'The Boy in the Bubble', The Clash 'Rock the Casbah', M Ward 'Right in the Head', Air 'Surfin' On A Rock' and Patsy Cline 'Strange' to name a few!

Yesterday was payday thank goodness! Five week months are the worst! I had to buy a good few things in work for uniform because almost all of my uniform went into sale. I got a few cardigans in work for Autumn/ Winter that I know I will wear outside work too. Can't wait til it's cold enough to wear them! I also made a few online purchases including a dress from Maria of Lulu Letty's shop O Captain on Etsy. I'm going to alter the length a bit to make it a bit more wearable for Autumn (it's a maxi dress). So I'll show you that when it arrives. I ordered a necklace and some shoes on Etsy and another necklace from jewellery designer Zara Taylor. She makes the most beautiful vintage inspired jewellery. I wish I could afford to buy more! Maybe next month. I'll show you the piece I ordered once it arrives.

In the mean time I'll give you a look at some of my recent purchases




Wish Upon A Star Bangle

I thought since everyone is obsessed with the whole Alice and Wonderland inspired jewellery these days I'd go for something based on a different Disney film. I couldn't resist this when I saw it. "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are..." Aw!




20s Glitzy Flower Bando


I wouldn't normally wear something like this, but it caught my eye and I said why not try something different!




Enamel Pansy Stud Earrings

I thought these were really cute!




I found these for €15 in Dunnes Stores. They're not the best quality, but I really liked the colours and they were very comfortable!



And now a few photos of what I wore today! I just wore a plain black dress so I put more accessories with it than I normally would.




I bought this necklace yesterday too




Bow Chain Ring




Trapped Peacock Ring

Who doesn't love peacock print stuff!





My Je t'aime Paris Bangle




I got this scarf in work last year. I have a slight obsession!




The studs I showed you in my last post




My clarks boots




I thought I'd show you my hair au naturel with no products or styling!
I'm letting it grow out at the moment, I want it to get really long!





This is how I did my eye make up today. I used a brown shimmery L'Oréal colour appeal eye shadow and another one in gold in the inner corner and lined my eyes with L'Oréal super liquid eye liner. I swear I don't work for them! Hehe!




Here's the look close up. I hadn't worn these colours in a while because I've been wearing a lot of strong lipstick colours lately and keeping my eye make up to a minimum.





So there you go! What do you think? I know I have a bit of a jewellery obsession! But I do get it for 75% off with my discount, so that's how I justify it. Ha! I'll let you know how my conflict resolution goes tomorrow. Hopefully it'll all work out.

How is your weekend going? Did you buy anything nice on payday? (or in general)

Here's some lovely Kate Bush;





Goodnight

Em xxx







2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore that peacock ring and those boots you are wearing.:)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pick awesome jewelry. I especially love the gold bangle. So cute.

    http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...