Saturday, December 31, 2011

Film Style Inspiration- Lucy (The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe)

I can't believe it's been a year since I started doing these posts. I've had so much fun interpreting the style of some of my favourite film characters and this month's was no different. My process for deciding who to do a post on each month differs each time. Sometimes I would see a film, new or a long time favourite and would be inspired by a character's style, other times I would find an item of clothing or an accessory and it would remind me of what a specific character would wear. The latter was the case this time. I wanted to do a post involving the fur coat my granny gave me last year. 

Obviously this was the perfect time of year with the cold weather (I've been wearing the coat non-stop, it's the warmest thing I own). I had a few ideas in mind including Julie Christie in Doctor Zhivago but I finally landed on the film that was probably my first introduction to the fur coat and that is The Lion ,the Witch and the Wardrobe. I mean the BBC version (the ONLY version) of course!

My mother read the book to Kate and I when we were little and we watched the film over and over. I still remember the music from the BBC logo thing at the start of the tape (yes VHS!) We loved the story so much and knew the film by heart. That wolf still scares me! (mega points if you know what I'm talking about)

The story is set in wartime England and the character's costumes reflect the style of that era with knitted cardigans and jumpers, tweed jackets, floral tea dresses, lace up shoes and pretty bows. 

lww1

lww2

lww4

Yes, I'm aware these photos are from the more recent Disney adaptation but it was hard to get good stills of the BBC one....apart from the lovely one below!

lww3

Here is my interpretation...


FSI LWW1


FSI LWW11

FSI LWW10

FSI LWW17

FSI LWW19

FSI LWW12

FSI LWW15

FSI LWW20

FSI LWW22

FSI LWW21

FSI LWW25

FSI LWW30

Dress- Vintage Urban Renewal via Etsy 
Coat- my Granny
Shoes- Monsoon
Bow- Dunnes
Tights- Marks and Spencers


This is also my last post of 2011. I have my new video recorded so I'll be editing and uploading that this week!

I'm not doing a year in review post, but I still want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and interaction and love this year. I have to say 2011 has been a tough year, not just for me but for a lot of people. It's only in these past two months that things have gotten better and I'm hoping all the issues that arose in 2011 will disappear next year. Things are already looking up as I found out this week our friends from Nashville are coming to visit in March and we couldn't be more excited to see them!

So thank you once more for continuing to read what I have to say and for the friendships I've formed through interacting with you, may they continue to grow stronger in the coming year!

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2012,

Emma xxx


5 comments:

  1. Your film style inspiration posts are always very nicely produced, Emma. The last three pictures in particular are world class. I am very happy to know that your life has been on the upswing in recent months. My wish for you is that the trend continues throughout the coming year. I am very grateful to have you as a friend and I know that we will keep it going and growing in 2012. Happy new year to you, dear friend Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Refreshing change from xmas and new year posts!;o/ I love this outfit and the inspiration. I agree about the BBC adaptation being the definitive version. I remember watching it every sunday as a kid and being enthralled with it and with the book. My little girl seems similarly taken with it now which is great! I love your dress and coat and the combination of those chunky tights with brogues. Already concocting similar combinations for myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has made me so happy! I have watched that film twice over the holidays and i'm sure you can guess that it is one of my favourite books, and I too had the BBC series on VHS ( wish I still had it). You look so lovely and would have made a perfect third 'daughter of eve'. :-).
    Wishing you a very happy 2012 Emma. New Year, new start and I hope it brings you lot's of love and hapiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is too lovely for words - from your look (EXCELLENT inspiration!) to your piece at the end, all of it is absolutely gorgeous and beautifully written! Here's hoping your 2012 is wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that coat! sooooo dreamy! you did such a fantastic interpretation of her style...and your photos are always so lovely. perfectly edited and the angles are spot on...i could learn a thing or two from you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...