Thursday, September 24, 2015

YSL La Laque Couture- Le Nu

YSL have released chromatic replicas of four iconic shades from their Rouge Pur Couture lipstick range in the form of the Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stains and La Laque Couture matte nail lacquers. The four shades are Le Rouge, Le Orange, Le Fuchsia and Le Nu. The Vernis à Lèvres are a high shine formula with intense colour and luminosity while spherical silica has been added to the La Laque Couture to give a modern matte finish to the nail colours. The idea is to mix and match the contrasting shades and finishes on your lips and tips. 

I was sent Le Nu, a refined and minimalist soft beige, which isn't a shade I would normally choose. I usually avoid nudes as they tend to be too pale and unflattering. However as soon as I applied Le Nu I was taken back by how much I loved the colour. It's the most chic nail shade and the matte finish gives it just the right amount of edge for such a toned down colour. 


YSLLNM1

For me, this is to the nails what Charlotte Tilbury Bitch Perfect is to the lips. Flattering, understated and goes with everything. It's the perfect combination of brown and pink that I feel would look great on any skin tone. 

The other thing that sold me both this straight away was the application. It has a wide brush that makes applying it so quick and easy. The formula is perfect too. Sometimes brands get it right with the brush but the formula is too thin and you end up having to apply three coats or it's to thick and difficult to apply evenly. You could get away with one coat of this and achieve full opacity. 


YSLLNM2


The wear time is another bonus, I had minimal wear on the tops of my nails after four days and that was with a very hectic week in work where I was using my hands all day every day. The matte finish also starts to wear away after a few days and there is more of a shine to the nails but I don't have a problem with that at all, you could even add a top coat to achieve a shiny finish if you wished. The packaging is also second to none. The gorgeous little gold lid lifts off and there is a second smaller round one underneath so don't worry you won't have to hold that square lid to apply the polish. 

Having never tried a YSL nail lacquers before, I am now a full convert and I'm already thinking about which shade I want to try next. The La Laque Couture range retails for €24 which I have never spent on a nail polish in my life, but I genuinely would pay it for another one of these I was that impressed. The collection is available at Brown Thomas from October 1st. Will you be checking these out in person?

What are you wearing on your nails this Autumn?

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...