Friday, October 7, 2016

Underneath The Power Lines Seeking Shade

I don't tend to buy into many trends as I find it's not very cost effective and I prefer to invest in pieces I know will last from season to season. However the metallic pleated skirt trend that's been around for the past few seasons is one I knew straight away I wanted to try out. I'm a big fan of skirts in general and although pleats can be unflattering, I wanted to try it myself so I got this very inexpensive one from Zara a few weeks ago. 

I wanted to dress the skirt down and I love how these skirts look with oversized knitwear so I thought this burgundy jumper from H&M would be perfect with the gunmetal colour of the skirt. The weather is starting to get cold so I brought my Archive by Alexa trench coat out again and I've been wearing it non stop for the past couple of weeks. I'm already excited for the new Archive by Alexa collection that's launching in early November.


MS5 MS14 MS10 MS27 MS9 MS24 MS22 MS29 MS23


Coat- Marks and Spencer (similar here, here and here)
Jumper- H&M
Skirt- Zara
Bag- Zara (similar here and here)
Boots- ASOS (similar here, here and here)
Socks- Topshop (similar here)
Sunglasses- ASOS (similar here, here and here)
Necklace- Stella & Dot
Lipstick- Armani Lip Magnet in Vibrato 403

Patent shoes are another trend I've been loving, I got these ASOS boots last year and I'm so glad I did because I wear them so much in the colder weather when I need to look a bit dressier. I'm on the lookout for another pair with a higher heel, I have my eye on these ones from New Look.

My Bespoke Stella and Dot necklace has barely come off my neck too, every time I wear it someone compliments it. I'm looking forward to getting another piece from their Bespoke collection and perhaps some Christmas presents too as I think they make gorgeous gifts.

I'm wearing one of the new Armani Lip Magnets on my lips and I'm crazy about the shade and formula. I attended a masterclass by one of the Armani makeup artists a couple of weeks ago and I've been trying out a few of their new products. So keep an eye out for lots of exciting beauty reviews in the coming weeks.

What trends have you bought into for Autumn? What's on your Winter wishlist?

Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...