Sunday, November 20, 2016

YSL Vernis À Lèvres Vinyl Cream

YSL Beauty have recently added to their Vernis À Lèvres repertoire with the latest incarnation, Vinyl Cream. Described as a mixture between a lip stain, lipstick and gloss, it has a unique blend of skincare ingredients and pigment which keep the lips feeling comfortable all day without compromising on the colour.

The collection contains 12 shades ranging from nude to pink, red and orange. I was given 401 Rouge Vinyle and 410 Fuchsia Live, both are vibrant shades that I would have chosen for myself. I have to admit I rarely wear a glossy lip, I think that's mostly down to the fact that Ireland is such a windy country and it really annoys my when my hair gets caught in my lipstick. Also when I do choose a glossy lip product, I find they just don't last as long as I'd like. This is where Vinyl Cream excels. This is a glossy lipstick for anyone who loves the staying power and pigmentation of a long lasting lipstick. 

YSLVC16 YSLVC6 YSLVC19

Vinyl Cream has the same sleek and durable packaging of the Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain and Pop Water only in all black. They also have the same rosy scent of the Glossy Stains that I adore and find quite addictive. The design of the applicator is based on a diamond which allows for greater definition of the lips. The colour is deposited in the centre of the applicator so that you can use the edges to perfect the lines of the lips without applying too much of the product. I use a lip liner like the Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone pencil or the Duwop Reverse Lipliner around the outside of my lips to prevent bleeding/feathering which tends to happen to me when I wear glossy lip products. I'm sure you could also use a lip liner in a matching colour if you needed.

YSLVC9 YSLVC13

You can apply one light layer of these for a more "wearable" look or increase the intensity by building up the layers. In the photos I have two layers on and as you can see the colour payoff is excellent. The creamy texture makes them easy to apply, reapply and build up which definitely isn't the case with the Glossy Stains. They don't feel sticky on the lips, instead they are creamy and comfortable and don't settle into the lines of the lips too much instead giving a smooth look. 


YSLVC4 YSLVC14

With such a high shine, richly pigmented finish, the Vinyl Creams are definitely a statement lip product. YSL Beauty Creative Director Lloyd Simmons suggests that the Vinyl Creams work best with "pared-down, minimal skin" for during the day and "at night, add strong, graphic eyes" like the campaign images with Cara Delevingne. I love high shine lip colours like these for a nighttime party look. The red shades in particular would be amazing for over the holiday season (I'd pair them with gold eyes for a proper Christmas look). 

At €33 they are on the higher end of the scale but for you're getting unparalleled quality for your money. If you love a statement lip, stop by a YSL counter and check these out in person. I'm looking forward to experimenting more with mine over the party season. You can buy them in Boots, Brown Thomas, Arnotts and Debenhams

Are you a fan of glossy lips? 

Emma x





3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...