Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 in Make Up

Happy New Year! I wanted to have these 2016 roundup posts up before the end of the year but sadly I was sick all over New Years (and I still am). I love seeing these posts from other bloggers which is why I wanted to do my own version. It was actually really satisfying going back through the months so see that I've written so much, though it may not seem a lot by other blogger's standards, I feel like I have achieved a lot especially coinciding with a very physical full-time job. 

I have hugely enjoyed using my new camera this year (I have the Canon 700d/Rebel T5i). One of my "resolutions" for this year is to learn to use my camera inside out and invest in more lenses and equipment. Another blog related resolution is to finally sort out my blog layout and header. This is something that is long overdue and that I've been putting off because it's not a necessity but I've seen people get great results from spending very little money so that's something I am committed to getting done this year (all suggestions welcome). 

Like a lot of people, 2016 had it's trials for me. I've been dealing with my own health problems as well as those of my family. But I have also had one of the most wonderful years of my life, watching my niece grow up has been a privilege, I feel so lucky to be such a big part of her life watching her learn new things and make everyone laugh, she is the funniest little person. It's incredible to see another human learn new things every day and watching my sister and brother-in-law grow with her as her parents. 

I also got to travel lots, I visited Liverpool twice (football crazy boyfriend) and it's become one of my favourite places to visit, a great city break if you're looking for somewhere not too far away. I went to Amsterdam for the first time, somewhere I've always wanted to go and it didn't disappoint. It's such a pretty city unlike any other I've ever been to and it's definitely a place I'd love to return to in the future. I also returned to the south of France, to a town called Beaulieu-sur-Mer. It was so lovely being on holiday with my boyfriend, my sister and brother-in-law and my niece. I've haven't been so relaxed in a long time. It was amazing going back to the Côte d'Azur and loving it even more this time. It's a place I know I'll return to again. 

This Summer was filled with day trips and afternoons in the park enjoying the weather. To top it all off I turned thirty in August, something that filled me with happiness instead of dread. I'm not a hugely positive person naturally but I feel like entering a new decade of my life is a privilege denied to so many. How can I complain about ageing when I've seen so many people lose their lives too soon this year. I'm embracing it fully instead knowing that life is shorter than we realise and we have to make the most of it while we can. Staying with that sentiment, my biggest plans for 2017 so far involve my first trip to the US! My very generous boyfriend is taking me to New York as my 30th birthday present. It's a place neither of us have been but have always wanted to visit. If you have any suggestions of anything NYC related please let me know because we're currently trying to finalise our plans and appreciate any help we can get. 

That was a brief summation of what was overall a very happy year for me, so cheers to the next one!

Below is a countdown of all of my make up looks from 2016, except instead of chronologically, I've arranged them by how popular the posts were with my readers. Let me know what your favourite look was. I can't wait to create lots more content in 2017.  

MML4

DVP16 DVP23

UDGSAP3 UDGSSP1

YSLVC16

BGS5

UDV11 UDV18 UDV26

LMADT7

NSL3

FOTD4

ALM7

NBM8 NO7BMF10

LGL8

RAMSC2 RALOL1 RALR4


I also just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog this year, I would probably be creating content no matter how many people visited but it's great knowing that there are people who follow me and enjoy reading my blog, you have no idea how much it means to me. I have so much appreciation for all of your continued support.

How was your 2016? Have you got any excited plans for 2017 yet?

Emma x

*I have also done a 2016 in Outfits post so be sure to check that out if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...