Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Lisa Eldridge Seamless Skin, Luxuriously Lucent Lip Colour and Gloss Embrace Lip Gloss

For the past three years the Lisa Eldridge product launches have been the highlight of the makeup calendar among her loyal fans and admirers. Every collection so far has been a smash success and her products never cease to amaze those of us who own them. Every time a collection is announced I wait impatiently to find out what new and innovative products she will be blessing us with.  

When she teased in one of her videos that she was releasing some skin products I was beyond excited. If there is anything I would associate with Lisa's makeup looks it would be the skin which is always so beautiful but never overdone. Once you achieve a base like this you can go anywhere with the rest of the makeup which is something I strive to create with each of my looks. 

I was completely blown away when Lisa contacted me and offered to send me some of her new products to try out. As someone who has followed her career since the Ten Years Younger days and been consistently inspired by her creations, it was a dream come true and a genuine honour to get this message. Of course I jumped at the opportunity as I'm sure anyone reading this would have done. 

One of the things I love about the build up to each launch is the sense of community it brings on social media. Since the products were announced I have been chatting on Instagram with all of my fellow Lisa Eldridge fans as we wondered what the products would be like. I was delighted when I found out that she had developed new blushes and highlighters as these are two of my favourite products to apply as I find that they add such life to my face. I was so curious to see what the formulas, textures and shades would be like not forgetting of course the new additions to the Luxuriously Lucent and Gloss Embrace Lip Colour families. 
 
Lipstick will always be my number one favourite makeup product so I am always happy to see new ones on the market and especially as these two formulas are incredibly beautiful. The past year and a half of wearing masks every day in work has meant that my lip collection has been tragically neglected however every time I have a day off and I'm at home and can go without a mask, the Lisa Eldridge lip products are the ones I constantly want to wear. I would happily only use her lip products for the rest of my life and I would always be excited to apply them. 

This post is quite photo heavy so I don't want to write too much about the products, to be honest the descriptions on her website are better than anything I could write and I think you'll agree the photos speak for themselves. I'll quickly run through each of the new products as I've written about the Luxuriously Lucent Lip Colours and Gloss Embrace Lip Glosses in previous posts. 

The two completely new products are part of the Seamless Skin collection. I can imagine that this will be added to in the next launch but for now there is the Enlivening Blush collection which comes in six shades (and will be back in stock soon) and the Elevated Glow Highlighter which comes in four skin adaptable shades. The website description of Elevated Glow:

"Elevated Glow Highlighter is designed to add an amplified luminous glow to the high points of the face whilst whilst simultaneously delivering some serious skin benefits and a subtle lifting, tightening and smoothing effect.. An ingenious glow/skincare hybrid with subtle skin tightening and smoothing effect.

Elevated Glow contains lots of small, multicoloured shimmering pearls in a sheer, lightly tinted and skin adaptive base. The level of shimmer on the skin depends on how much you apply so start with a small dot and build to the desired level of ‘glow’ you prefer."

 

And the description of the Enlivening Blush from the website:

 

"A unique and innovative make-up/skincare hybrid formula suffused with blurring and lifting skincare ingredients. Non-greasy and non comodegenic, the super light cream blush is incredibly easy to apply and blend. You only need the tiniest amount to start building the desired intensity, all the while feeling comfortable and imparting dewy hydration. A translucent, natural, ‘skin-like’ finish that is neither too dewy or too matte.

A hybrid formula with blurring and lifting skincare ingredients and packed with actives including, rosemary leaf extract, bilberry and raspberry seed oils."

 

I definitely agree with the descriptions of both, the blush texture and formula is unlike any I have tried before, almost like a cream /liquid/ mousse hybrid. They are highly pigmented so you only need the tiniest amount but you can also build up the colour for more impact. They blend into the skin easily and seamlessly with either a brush or your fingers. So far I have tried Pink Soap, Pink Poetry, Dante's Dream, Island Glow and Venetian Red. I also placed an order for Mountain Walk myself so I will add that swatch soon. 

The highlighters are a beautiful formula too, exactly the finish I like where it's almost undetectable as to whether the glow is coming from makeup or from your skin. It leaves a glowing sheen to your face and once again blends easily with a brush or fingers. I find that these two products work in such harmony together and if you wanted to you could even mix the blush with the highlighter if you wanted even more of a sheen to your cheeks. 

I haven't been playing with the products for long as I just received them last week however I feel completely confident in saying that they are everything I had hoped for and more. I am so excited to see what is coming next in the Seamless Skin collection.

 

Venetian Red, Island Glow, Pink Poetry, Dante's Dream, Pink Soap
 
Pink Soap, Dante's Dream, Pink Poetry, Island Glow, Venetian Red
 



Crystal Nebula

Cosmic Rose

Crystal Nebula, Cosmic Rose in direct sunlight
 
Crystal Nebula, Cosmic Rose indirect sunlight
 


No highlighter/ Cosmic Rose

 

 

 

Charm, Affair


Charm, Affair, Muse, Blush, Go Lightly
 

Charm
 



Affair


 


Kitten Mischief, Rose Official, Painterly

Kitten Mischief, Rose Official, Painterly

Kitten Mischief, Rose Official, Painterly, Velvet Fawn, Velvet Muse, Velvet Affair, Velvet Beauty

Kitten Mischief


Rose Official



Painterly
 


 

The lip products were obviously just as exciting as the skin products for me. I was so excited to get more shades in both formulas. The Luxuriously Lucent Lip Colour is a semi-sheer formula which can be applied as a sheer wash or colour or built up for more payoff. I will say that how these lipsticks look on you will slightly depend on your natural lip colour and what liner you use as they are not opaque. The same can be said for the Gloss Embrace Lip Glosses as they have a certain transparency to them like with most similar products. There are six new lipstick shades and four new gloss shades and all are so beautifully thought out. I adore both of these formulas and I would say that if you're unsure if something will suit you, they are quite adaptable products too. I hope my swatches help and I will add the other shades that I ordered myself into this post once I get to photograph them. 


For now, here are some other looks I created this week using the new products. To see more details, you can follow my Instagram

 Emma x

 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...