Thursday, July 15, 2010

Moomin

I have been busy this week in work with our sale starting and I have been too tired to post until now so I thought I'd write a bit of a funny post and tell you about one of my favourite cartoons from when I was a kid (and now too). When I ask people if they have heard of Moomin they either don't know what I'm talking about or they do and are weirded out by it. I can't remember exactly what age I was when I first saw it, but it was made in the early 90s so I was probably about 6 or 7. It used to be on the UK channel, BBC 1, on weekday mornings and then the Irish channel, Network 2, showed it too. I don't know what it is about Moomin that I love so much. When I look at the DVDs now it's such a strange cartoon. I showed it to some of my friends recently and they were totally freaked out. Heehee! It was orignally a series of books and a comic strip written by Finnish writer/illustrator Tove Jansson that have been published since 1945! There was also a stop motion television series, however the Japanese-Finnish animated series is my favourite.

I have acquired numerous Moomin merchandise over the years from ebay, as gifts and a lady whose children I used to babysit was from Finland and she brought me back things when she would go to Finland to visit her family which I thought was very nice of her. I thought I'd show you some of these things. It was fun to see exactly how much Moomin stuff I have.





Some of the Comics in hardback








A magazine my friend brought me back from France about the new Moomin film




One of my favourite characters Stinky is up to no good as usual



It must say something about my personality that all of my favourite characters are the mischievious ones!




I have a bag exactly like Moominmamma's one (unintentionally)





Some nice illustrations from the inside covers of the comics




Stickers I bought on ebay




Snufkin purse from ebay




A mug and towel that Raisa brought me back from Finland


I really really really want to go here! The Moominland Theme Park in Naantali, Finland. I am hoping to drag my boyfriend there when I get some money to go on a holiday.




A real life Moomin house!
Image found here



I'll leave you with the opening theme to the Moomin cartoon




Hope you're having a great week so far!

What's your favourite childhood cartoon? What do you think about it when/if you watch it today?

Love Emma xxx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...