Wednesday, October 24, 2012

107

When the first set of Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks were released, I wasn't that mad about any of the shades. However when I saw the photos of the latest Matte collection I was really taken with one of the shades, 107. I had a lot of Boots Advantage Card points so I decided to treat myself to it (when I eventually found it, it was sold out everywhere!).

RKM4 RKM3 RKM5 RKM1 RKM Collage

Eye Make Up: Urban Decay Sidecar and Buck, Maybelline Gel Liner and Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara.

I paired it with a Rimmel lip liner to make it last longer as I found it wasn't as long lasting as the MAC and Revlon matte lipsticks. It also has a very strange scent, the only thing I can think to describe it as is sort of like Parma Violets (which I hate to eat but the smell doesn't bother me). I just don't get why you would make your lipsticks with that scent. It's not bad, but not nice either, luckily it doesn't last long so it isn't a big issue. Not every lipstick can smell like a vanilla cupcake (MAC).

These retail at €6.99 which I think is an absolute bargain for such a gorgeous shade and a great way to embrace berry lips on a budget. I've seen it on a few other people too and it seems to suit everyone.

What do you think?

Emma x


17 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous colour, and such a bargain too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the price points on Rimmel products!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! You're gorgeous! Love this look. If I knew how to put on makeup properly without looking like an awful clown, I'd be trying it out this Saturday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Rincy, you're so sweet! Practice makes perfect and I've had a lot of practice! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this lipstick, looks gorgeous on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a lovely shade but I think it would be too dark for me. I have a hard time with dark lipsticks as they tend to accentuate my past spots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean, it's so hard to know if a colour is going to suit you, especially in drugstores where you can't properly try a lipstick on.

      Delete
  5. I bought this the other day. I wore it for the first time on Sunday. I didn't know it had sold out everywhere. I'm quite impressed with it myself. Looks great on you but then your make up always looks great x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy, I look forward to seeing you wearing it!

      Delete
  6. Love the eye make up!

    The lipstick pairs great with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cel! I love Sidecar, it's one of my favourite ever eyeshadows!

      Delete
  7. More stunning photos of you, I like the side by side ones. Wow ... your eyes and the lip shade was so beautiful on you.
    I tend to like matte lipstick more than glossy. You were right to use the lip pencil with the lipstick for lasting power but then again it ended up not being as good as some of the other brands. I tend to always go back to Revlon being a favorite/classic. I like the way you had your eyes "underlined" with shadow.

    Take care ... I always enjoy reading your blog.

    Cindy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the look of matte lips too, there's something so classic about it. And thanks for your lovely words Cindy, you always put a smile on my face!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous pics, looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god this lipstick is gorgeous i need it in my life... although won't look half as good on me as your lips are so lovely an full! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...