Sunday, June 20, 2010

His and Hers

I hate how my weekends go by so quickly, but I suppose it makes you appreciate them even more. I had a fairly relaxed weekend. My Saturday involved a nice late sleep and then a trip to the cinema to see MacGruber. I was very excited to see it because I love the sketches on SNL. Unfortunately, it was in one of the smaller screens in the cinema and there weren't too many people there. My boyfriend and I were the only ones laughing for the mostpart. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I thought it was great. So funny! I'm not sure whether I would have found it as funny if I wasn't an SNL fan, but I am and I did and it was a nice surprise to see a cameo by Maya Rudolph (one of my favourite ever cast members on SNL).




Photo Credit: Here


On Saturday evening my sister and her boyfriend came over to our place and we all watched Pineapple Express. I've seen it about 4 times at this stage and for me it's one of those films that every time you watch it you laugh just as hard as you did the first time. James Franco really stands out in it as does Danny McBride. My favourite scene is the amazingly funny fight in Red's House. We watched Observe and Report this morning too so it was a bit of a Seth Rogen marathon. Ronnie's outfit that he wears on his date with brandy always makes me laugh, I couldn't find a proper picture of it and I'm too lazy to get a screen grab, but you get the idea from the picture below of the jumper he wears, it's quite amazing.




Photo Credit: Here





Photo Credit: Here


This afternoon my boyfriend and I wandered leisurely around the city centre looking in record and book stores, trying on sunglasses and looking at pretty vintage dresses in Wild Child. We grabbed a quick lunch. I had pasta with pine nuts, spinach, parmesan and cherry tomatoes. It was yum! Then we went to see an Irish documentary called His and Hers. It was a series of interviews with a number of women of different ages from young to old talking about the men in their lives whether it was father, boyfriend or husband. It got a bit sad in parts when some of the older ladies spoke about their husbands not being around anymore and missing them. I have to say I got a bit choked up at a few parts. All in all it was a very touching little film and it was beautifully shot too (it actually won an award for World Cinema Cinematography at Sundance).





















[Photos by Donnacha and I]





I like walking around the city when you have nowhere to be, I don't usually look around the shops because it can get quite busy and I find crowds infuriating which was the case on Saturday and I just couldn't wait to get home. Oh, also on the way home today we were walking past a McDonalds and a woman was allowing her young son to urinate against the wall of the building (of a very busy street), I found it disgusting that I had to step over a stream of urine in the middle of the path and so I looked at the woman disapprovingly and upon seeing my face her response was "Get over it, he's a kid" (in an inner city Dublin accent) and I just thought, yes he is a kid, but there's a toilet literally on the other side of the wall he is peeing against and it's not great parenting to encourage your young child to urinate publicly in the middle of a busy street and 5.30 in the afternoon. We just walked ahead and didn't say anything because with people like that you can't get through to them so there's no point in responding. It just makes me so annoyed when people feel this sense of entitlement to do and say as they please. There's no restraint anymore.

I'm getting tired of city living. I've been living in Dublin for 2 years now after living in a small seaside town for 8 years. I miss being able to walk around the corner and have the sea right in front of you or walking out the door to the fresh seaside air and not having cigarette smoke blown into my face. Anyway I don't want to complain about it anymore because if it hated it enough I would just move away and I'm sure I will in the future but for now I'll just have to try and see the best the city has to offer.


What did you all do this weekend? I hope whatever it was, you had fun and you aren't dreading Monday morning too much!

Goodnight,

Love Em xxx

P.S. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...