Monday, May 6, 2019

Backtalk

Like most people I'm sure, I have a few go-to makeup looks that I'll do if I don't have much time to get ready, but still want to look put together. One of these is a pink toned shade on my eyes and an orange-red on my lips. I've tried various combinations of this look, but the one I've found is the easiest and most fool proof is the shade Backtalk from the Urban Decay Backtalk palette and either Charlotte Tilbury Tell Laura, MAC Lady Danger, Rosie for Autograph Supermodel Kiss or the shade I've used below which is the stunning Velvet Morning by Lisa Eldridge. I find the tones work really well together and it looks like I've made more of an effort than I actually have. I'm all for one eyeshadow looks and this is my favourite one because this shade is a warm rosy pink that's so easy to blend and requires little to no effort.

This palette is actually quite underrated. If you're a fan of warm shades, there's good variety here and despite it not looking very exciting from far away, there's a lot you can do with it. I thought Bare and Curve looked too similar but they're different enough when applied to the lids. Backtalk is another one that is quite deceptive as it looks much more pale and cool toned in the palette but as you can see, it has a warmth to it when applied to the eyelids.

I've also shown how this look can be worn with a more neutral lip colour. In the last photo I'm wearing the lipstick that inspired this palette- Backtalk, which is apparently one of the most popular Urban Decay lipstick shades. It's slightly more cool toned than the eyeshadow but still works well to create a tonal look. 

BT9 BT1 BT8 BT7 BT4

The eyeshadow and lipstick are both a matte finish, although both lipsticks are a more modern matte formula that aren't drying on your lips. However because of that I wanted to keep my skin looking very hydrated and luminous so I used the Missha Magic Cushion Moisture which my friend brought me back from Japan. It's the product I use when I want super glowing skin but it has SPF50 so it's also great if you're going to be outside in the sun which I was on this day.  I doubled up on sun protection by using Glossier Invisible Shield first as it's a light texture that doesn't interfere at all with the makeup used on top of it. I also used the Clarins Instant Poreless Primer, not for my pores but more for makeup longevity in my t-zone because it was a particularly warm day. I also set the t-zone area with powder and then spritzed Urban Decay All Nighter on top. I find the best technique to getting makeup to last through hot weather is by using light layers, letting each layer set properly and then only set where you need to and honestly setting sprays are a lifesaver, All Nighter is still the best one I've tried.


Glossier Invisible Shield Daily Sunscreen SPF30
*Clarins Instant Poreless Primer Review Here
Missha Magic Cushion Moisture SPF50+
*IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer (Light)
*IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil
Glossier Boy Brow (Brown)
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging
*Urban Decay Balktalk Palette (Shade Balktalk)
Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
*Glossier Cloud Paint Cream Blush (Storm)
Glossier Haloscope Face Highlighter (Moonstone)
*Urban Decay Comfort Matte Vice Lipstick (Backtalk)
Lisa Eldridge Plush True Velvet Lipstick (Velvet Morning) Currently not available, similar lipsticks include Rosie for Autograph Supermodel Kiss, MAC Lady Danger and Charlotte Tilbury Tell Laura
*Clarins Glow 2 Go Duo Stick (02 Golden Peach) Review Here
*LancĂ´me Long Time No Shine Loose Setting and Mattifying Powder (Translucent)
Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray


What are your go-to makeup looks for when you're in a hurry?

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...