Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday Books

I really am such a lucky girl to have such wonderful friends and family. I was made to feel so so special the whole day of my birthday, which included receiving some wonderful presents. One thing I'm trying to do this year is read more which is why when anyone asked my what I wanted for my birthday I said books! Here's a few of the ones I was gifted by the lovely people in my life for my birthday.

BDP1

BDP2

I've wanted Orla Kiely, Pattern for as long as it's been released. My friend Lisa got me the mini version which I didn't even know existed. It's so much easier to hold than the original larger version. I love this, it's great to take a look at when you're in need of some inspiration, or if you just want to look at something pretty!

BDP3

BDP4

BDP5

BDP6

BDP7

Lisa also got me this Paperblanks Charlotte Bronte Note Book which is actually funny because Jane Eyre is one of my favourite stories and I actually bought the book a few years ago and haven't read it yet so I will definitely be adding it to my list to read as soon as possible. I love stationary, I would seriously browse a stationary shop longer than any clothing shop. I adore this notebook, it is so gorgeous it's almost a shame to write in it!

BDP8

BDP9

Donnacha got me Pawnee: The Greatest Town in America by Leslie Knope as one of my presents.
If you don't watch Parks and Recreation then you won't understand what this is (it's written by a fictional character). So instead of telling you about it I will urge you to watch Parks and Rec right now and then buy this book because it's amazing! 

BDP10

BDP11

BDP12

I've mentioned before my recent enough discovery of the Nancy Comic Strip. Donnacha also got me this Nancy is Happy Collection. It is so cute and funny, I am obsessed with Nancy, I can't believe how funny it is after 70 years! 

BDP13



Also pictured is Chuck Palahniuk Survivor and Paul Auster The New York Trilogy, I can't wait to read both of these as my friend got them for me because they are two of his favourites. 

What books have you read recently? Do you have any recommendations for me?

Emma x

21 comments:

  1. Hi, Emma! I didn't realize they still made real books and it's gratifying to see that you received a stack of them. They're so much more pleasing than the electronic kind, don't you agree? I grew up reading the Nancy comics and it's great to see her familiar face here on your blog. She hasn't aged a bit! :) Bless you, dear friend, and have a wonderful week in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tom, I don't think I could ever buy a Kindle, the idea of reading on a screen defeats the purpose! The only screen reading I like to do is blogs! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! It's so nice to see people getting books =) I'd love that Orla Kiely one for my collection.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend the Orla Kiely one! The mini version is great!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful gifts! That notebook and Nancy comics are so cuuute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely reads there - totally agree with you on the kindle thing, a good book is one of life's greatest pleasures xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, nothing like a good paperback! :)

      Delete
  5. You have a great blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana, I'm just looking through your blog now! I'm your newest follower! :D

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday, dear! It sounds magnificent !

    Love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! I love me some chuck! Proud that he's from my state:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty cool claim to fame Rosy! Love him!

      Delete
  8. Oh man that Parks & rec book is so awesome! I love that show to pieces. It has to be one of the funniest shows on television. If only I could be as funny as Amy then all would be right the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just wish I knew her, she seems like the best person in the whole world. The book is great!

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday!! The Pawnee book looks hilarious! I'm definitely going to have to check that out! I'm currently reading "Sacre Bleu!" by Christopher Moore - if you aren't afraid of a mind like Palahnuiks and enjoy art history then you should definitely check it out, he's one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must check that out, always looking for recommendations! :)

      Delete
  10. Hey, you have a lovely blog, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! I'm just checking out yours now!

      Delete
  11. That notebook is soo beautiful! I am the same with stationary, but like you I hate to actually use it. Glad to see you were thoroughly spoilt for your BIrthday, and rightly so. Books are the best kinds of gifts. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...