Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mary-Lou Manizer

After being a High Beam only user for many years I decided it was time to invest in a powder highlighter. I got a gorgeous Laura Mercier one for my birthday last year (which I hope to review soon) but it's quite intense and more suited to an evening look, so when I saw the Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm, it looked like just the product for me.

TBL1 TBL2 TBL3 TBL4 TBL5 TBL6 TBL9 TBL7

Products Used:


I got this back in November and have used it a lot since then and it still looks barely touched so I think it will last me a long time. As you can see above it's quite pigmented, but used with a light touch it gives your face a gorgeous, subtle glow. The packaging is very cute (reminiscent of Benefit/Soap and Glory) and durable (I've dropped mine a few times and it hasn't smashed).

I still like High Beam for when I want a really natural glow, but this just gives your face a great shape, I really don't like using bronzer as way of contouring my face as I'm just too fair for it, but I think highlighter can do just as good a job of shaping your cheekbones. I hope the photos above demonstrate that. The powder has a smooth velvety texture similar to that of Urban Decay eyeshadows which makes it easy to apply.

For €18.75, it's a more affordable version of the Dior and Laura Mercier highlighters and I think it's just as good.

Emma x

23 comments:

  1. That's some intense glow! I don't think you need any help in the cheekbone-defining department, but you wear this beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yeah I definitely put on more than I usually would as it was difficult to photograph but I do love it used very lightly for daytime!

      Delete
  2. that's really lovely on you. I adore high beam because it's pinky but it sometimes doesn't blend the best if I am wearing heavier foundation so powder would be great. I have smoked peach from Revlon as well and love it but it looks much paler on me, its stunning on you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think High Beam is great for fairer skins, I don't think I'll ever stop using it, it's just so subtle!

      Delete
  3. I'ts my favorite highlighter, specially for nightime xx


    Enter my Naked Basics giveaway x
    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo great review, it looks fabulous in your photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely on you Emma! I had this for a time but rarely used it so gave it to my sister. Highlighter is one of those steps I often skip for daytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use high beam for a natural looking highlight during the day, but this used with a very light hand is my new fave!

      Delete
  6. your cheekbones are gorg...the highlighter really makes them pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely review ! And the highlighter looks great on you ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow does this ever look perfect or what! I have been eyeing this but thought it'd be too much for my pale skin but after seeing it on you I really want it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fine once you use very little with a light hand. I think any skin tone could get away with it!

      Delete
  9. This looks absolutely stunning on you! I love the pictures :)

    Eve xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what amazing products! Your skin looks dewy and flawless! Love your cat eyes, too!

    Xo, Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...