Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms

When I first heard about the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms I knew that I would inevitably want to try them. Being a huge fan of Revlon lip products and matte lips I was curious to see how these would fare against my well loved Revlon matte lipsticks. The words matte balm seem like an oxymoron but the two work in unison to create a beautifully textured product that is a pleasure to wear.


RMB1 RMB2 RMB3 RMB5 RMB6

I have the colours Showy, a blue toned bright pink and Unapologetic, a vibrant coral. Both are definitely Spring/Summer shades and I look forward to wearing them in the warmer weather with minimal make up. Showy reminds me of the Revlon matte lipstick in Stormy Pink but brighter and more pigmented, the closest I have to Unapologetic in my collection is probably my beloved but discontinued Strawberry Suede.

They have the same minty scent as the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains which I personally love although I understand it may put some people off them. I love the matte, colour coordinated packaging too. The only slightly negative thing I can say about these is that you will really need to prep your lips beforehand by exfoliating and moisturising otherwise the product can settle into dry lips which can look rather unpleasant.

What do you think? Have you tried these yet?

Emma x

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you Kailey! I think you'd love them too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks Yavanna, I think that's my favourite too!

      Delete
  3. I've been patiently waiting for these to come to Australia ... the Revlon stands have been fitted with them but they're currently empty awaiting the actual stock :p I've been eyeing both these shades you picked out - Unapologetic especially. You rock both of them effortlessly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dying to see what you think, these both stood out to me mostly because I'm so excited for Summer! Can't wait to see what you go for!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love these crayons, they are by far my favourite lip crayons ever!! These colours look absolutely beautiful on you! x

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I can't wait to wear them more when the weather gets better! they're such a Summer product!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...