Monday, March 31, 2014

Wind Was Blowing Time Stood Still

Here is what I wore to a wedding in Scotland earlier this month. 


WO1 WO5 WO2 WO6 WO12 WO8 WO4
Photos by Donnacha

Dress- Monsoon
Necklace- c/o Divine Boutique
Belt and Ring- Accessorize
Shoes- ASOS
Nails- Sally Hansen Gilty Pleasure (with Ted Baker Sugar Rush on ring finger)
Lipstick- MAC Plumful

I actually only bought my dress a couple of weeks before the wedding and the necklace which was a gift from Divine Boutique just happened to go perfectly with it. I bought the shoes last summer on ASOS. I saw them on Alix from The Cherry Blossom Girl and luckily for me when I clicked the link they were on sale so I saw that as a sign and bought them. They're so comfortable to wear to an all day event and I'm not one for high heels as I'm already quite tall so this is the perfect heel height for me. Also how cute is the little round gold heel?

I wanted to do something different with my make up as I would usually go for a red lipstick at this kind of event. I used a mixture of Dust, Buzz, Trick and Nooner from the Naked 3 palette paired with MAC Plumful lipstick. I loved the finished look, it was pretty pink Spring make up. I kept my hair really simple and just used a curling iron on it and brushed the curls out with my fingers.

Do you like getting dressed up for weddings or is it something you dread?

Emma x

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, love the colour of the shoes with the dress, most would go for a dreaded cream shoe but I love the peach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit...I love the shoes! I've been wanting to try Mac's Plumful...it looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Donnacha did it again, dear Emma! You picked the perfect outfit, hair style and make-up and Donnacha composed a series of shots that show off the ensemble to best advantage. What a lovely shade of blue to complement your peaches and cream complexion.

    I attended a wedding a year ago and rather enjoyed the opportunity to get dressed up. I hope your week is going well, dear friend Emma. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so pretty, love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find weddings so difficult to dress for - I love this because you don't look like you're trying to be anyone except yourself.
    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous and really suits you. Loving the accessories!!!!

    http://shimmerglitzandglam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...